Interests & Hobbies : Food & Cooking

• Turkey? Ham? Prime Rib?

• Which do you prefer to eat on the Holidays?

I normally cook a ham and turkey on Thanksgiving, and then Prime Rib on Christmas!

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Thanksgiving is all about the turducken here. We’ve always prepared a big turkey but in the past few years there’s a chicken, duck and turkey rollup in the lower oven. Leftover turkey yes, leftover turducken not so much.

Thanksgiving is all about the turducken here. We’ve always prepared a big turkey but in the past few years there’s a chicken, duck and turkey rollup in the lower oven. Leftover turkey yes, leftover turducken not so much.

Sounds like quite the feast at your house madgolfer! So when you say turducken rolled up, are they in the Turkey?

I have never tasted duck, is there a specific flavor that it has? I had been told many years back that it had more of a distinct flavor, gamey, and some had said it taste just like chicken.

What are your thoughts?

We get the Diluigi brand turducken, not sure if its a local delicacy but its easy to find on Google. As good as it looks!

We get the Diluigi brand turducken, not sure if its a local delicacy but its easy to find on Google. As good as it looks!

This is the first I have heard of it! I did google it and it looks YUMMY!I would sure like to try it, but unfortunately they do not carry in my state!

Looks like I may have to do further research this weekend to see if anyone will ship to the Pacific Coast!

What a great share madgolfer!

This is the first I have heard of it! I did google it and it looks YUMMY!I would sure like to try it, but unfortunately they do not carry in my state!

Looks like I may have to do further research this weekend to see if anyone will ship to the Pacific Coast!

What a great share madgolfer!
    [/quote]

I’ve never tried turducken either. Sounds very interesting!

Thanksgiving is all about the turducken here. We’ve always prepared a big turkey but in the past few years there’s a chicken, duck and turkey rollup in the lower oven. Leftover turkey yes, leftover turducken not so much.

My family does turkey! Just roasted-nothing unusual, though. Our neighbor does the coolest thing for his family every year: he smokes one in his smoker and uses his turkey deep fryer for another one. We have tried both and they are DELICIOUS!

I would love to try the smoked turkey your neighbor does, Julie. That sounds super yummy! My family usually does ham and turkey at both holidays. In my opinion, it’s a little overkill and could use some updating! I like the idea of prime rib, something totally different. I will have to suggest this to my family!

Well the turducken has landed! An authentic boned turkey stuffed with a duck and chicken! 12.5 lbs from the local Alpine Butcher store, can’t wait to compare it to the traditionally stuffed 20 pounder tomorrow, Happy Thanksgivukah!!!

Sounds great! You will have to update us on the comparison!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving madgolfer!

Well there won’t be any comparison of the leftovers, there isn’t any turducken left except the drumsticks! The turkey was deboned, then stuffed with a deboned chicken breast and duck breast seasoned with fennel I believe. Hope this picture looks as good as it tasted. Now for my favorite leftover meal, turkey and gravy on waffles! Hope everyone had an amazing Black Friday weekend, cheers!

Forums Interests & Hob... Food & Cooking Turkey? Ham? Prime R...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in