Chit Chat : Current Affairs

• Unauthorized charges

• Charges made

I am horrified that not only have i spent hours on the phone with your incompetent customer service reps BUT had purchases made on my account that I did NOT buy. AND no one via SEARS.com can help me find out what and where the items were sent to that was purchased. Are youkidding me? Im taking this to all 3,000 of my friends and ALL social media sites too. My reference number is 609625195. I was charged on 12/22 for 2 purchases of 292.15. I was charged twice. I paid in cash which my receipt proves for my layaway in the amount of 295.59. I paid in cash to avoid using my credit card. I want this store employee ARRESTED and will be prosecuting this individual. I contacted the Vails gate store on 12/22/13 and on 12/23/13 and received NO HELP. This is the customer service a customer is to receive at Sears? I was robbed and then was told there is nothing anyone can do? How is it Target quickly rectified and credited people their funds in record breaking speed, but I did NOT authorize charges for a product/s I did not order or receive and NO ONE can help?

I am expecting a phone call back ASAP with clear information. My contract number was 90000196. You can find all my personal information there. In addition, the thie used credit card ending in 8518 on my account. Someone used my credit card to make these purchases, it should be quite easy to have sears review all transaction purchase via Sears using my credit card number. Obviously, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE CHARGES IN THE AMOUNT OF 292.15 IN MY ORDER HISTORY BECAUSE I DID NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING, BUT SOMEONE DID. Look below, it is right there. I want this person arrested, this is a felony in my state along with false impersonation. This is serious and was a breach of my trust of Kmart/Sears 2 days before Christmas. I had to cancel my card 2 days before Christmas.

Descending sort indicatorDescending sort indicator
    Date Descending sort indicator Description Deposits / Credits Withdrawals / Debits
    Pending Transactions Note: Amounts may change ( Learn More )
    12/23/13
    CHKCARDSEARS.COM 9300 WEST DES MOINIA
    $292.15
    12/23/13
    CHKCARDSEARS.COM 9300 WEST DES MOINIA
    $292.15
    12/23/13
    POS WALGREENS 1575 ROUTE 9WAPPINGERS FANY
    $59.80

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, nancysmulligan! Thanks for posting on MySears today! I am going to escalate your concerns on to SearsCares, who will review your complaint with you. A team member will respond in a just a bit right here. Once they do, I will send you an email with a link included that will direct you back to this thread.

Thanks!

Hi nancysmulligan,

We appreciate you taking time to post concerning the charges that appear on your charge account, we understand this is an important matter that needs to be addressed. We will forward your post to our case management team. The next available case manager will contact you directly.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Isn’t that a debit card, not a credit card? One amount would be the approval (pending) and one amount the deduction from the account. Not sure why the difference in the $292. and the $295 though.

“Debits Pending Transactions Note: Amounts may change”

Hi there, nancysmulligan! Thanks for posting on MySears today! I am going to escalate your concerns on to SearsCares, who will review your complaint with you. A team member will respond in a just a bit right here. Once they do, I will send you an email with a link included that will direct you back to this thread.

Thanks!

Yes, thank you. I left a voice mail for Brenda. I am waiting.

To all the employees at Sears that posted above. NO ONE called me back. A day before Christmas and my account has been suspended and my debit card cancelled by the bank. Wells Fargo can not believe that Sears is so prehistoric in its’ tracking and fraud department. I am amazed too. I didn’t but anything for 292.15 and 292.15. I paid for my layaway in cash. I have the receipt. I also called the Vails Gate store on 12/22 and was rudely told at 8pm that it was too late to help me.I was informed to call back in the am. In addition, I called back at 9:15 and spoke with Diana who informed me she was busy, took down my info and informed me she would call me back. Diana of Vails Gate, NY did NOT call me back. DO not buy at Sears, if you are charged for a purchase you didn’t make they will NOT help. They will post here that they will, but they won’t. NOt to mention all my bills were set up on automatic payment and the bank had to cancel the card so all day I spent on the phone notifying these companies NOT to use my card. A huge waste of time and hassle, and all two days before Christmas. This should have been resolved by now. NONE of these charges were holds. They will presented to the account, SEARS GOT PAID and I have nothing but a LOSS OF $594.30. I can’t believe I am even writing this. SEARS STOLE money from me and refuses to give it back.or locate who took it, arrest the employee who did it, investigate the store where the layaway was held. Apparently, Sears brags about their layaway, I see why what a wonderful way to make hundreds of dollars off the consumer. I paid in cash on purpose to AVOID my card being used.Thanks Sears for spending my money without my permission and then refuse to investigate it and resolve this matter. Seriously, this matter should have been resolved by now. You have my card number, the money in your account and the technology to see exactly what ISP or store terminal it was charged at. SHAME ON SEARS. I will continue to post to my thousands of Facebook and Twitter fans, and all public social medias until my money is returned into my account. It is now 12:27 am and NO CALL back from SEARS>

Isn’t that a debit card, not a credit card? One amount would be the approval (pending) and one amount the deduction from the account. Not sure why the difference in the $292. and the $295 though.

“Debits Pending Transactions Note: Amounts may change”

The 295 is for what she last did legitimately, via cash. The 292 is what was ordered online or by phone by someone else, one for them and a friend later, it looks.

HERE IS THE RESOLUTION FROM BRENDA- SHE WANTS ME TO PRODUCE A RECEIPT THAT FRAUDULENT CHARGED WERE MADE TO MY ACCOUNT. AMAZING, IF I HAD A RECEIPT, THEN I WOULDNT NEED SEARS, THE POLICE WOULD HAVE THE INFORMATION TO ARREST AN EMPLOYEE OR PERSON. BY THE WAY THERE IS NO PEERSON TO TALK TO BEHIND THE CURTAIN. FROM THIS PLACE YOU DO NOT GET TO SPEAK TO ANYONE. THE PERSON YOU SPEA WITH IS NOTHING MORE THEN AN ENTRY WITH LIMITED SKILLS, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO RESOURCES AND OF NO HELP. IRONINC HOW SEARS DOESN’T HAVE A COMPETENT FRAUD DEPARTMENT. I AM THANKFUL FOR MY BANK WHO COMPLETED THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK TO RESOLVE THIS BECAUSE BRENDA WAS USELESS.

Thank you Ziggy- you are correct. 2 purchases were made for different amounts using my card.Sears doesn’t feel it a need to investigate. I already contacted 3 media resources. You will be seeing me on television.

I spoke with the Attorney General office that informed me that Sears does have a Fraud unit. In addition. the Attorney General’s office takes consumer fraud serious AND is following up too.Apparently, it’s not just my opinion that Sear’s is anti consumer and PRO theft, otherwise they would have escalated this to their fraud department.

Thank you Ziggy- you are correct. 2 purchases were made for different amounts using my card.Sears doesn’t feel it a need to investigate. I already contacted 3 media resources. You will be seeing me on television.

I spoke with the Attorney General office that informed me that Sears does have a Fraud unit. In addition. the Attorney General’s office takes consumer fraud serious AND is following up too.Apparently, it’s not just my opinion that Sear’s is anti consumer and PRO theft, otherwise they would have escalated this to their fraud department.

You’re welcome, and after reading that I looked around some……
    Sears documents it has an independent fraud investigation unit contract, but when I went to the website and tried to initiate a report this is what shows up:
    “Sears”

“We’re sorry, but this company or institution is not accepting reports from EthicsPoint.”

That was a surprise. Found via search of “Sears Ethics Compliance Hotline”, cross refed with phone number associates are to use. It’s supposedly only for associates, not the public or law enforcement, but I tried anyways. Based on that, though I won’t speculate why that shows, your AG appears misinformed. For today, at least, that isn’t valid to get past page one of the process. Others mileage may vary, but the above was page two for me. If it also isn’t valid for associates, then they can’t escalate issues either in the manner documented, so some sympathy may be in order. I do try to be fair about things, however disgruntled I may be.

A bunch of relevant links come up, though. You may enjoy following some. As my issue wasn’t resolved either I didn’t have much better to do yesterday and today, and found some amusing.

Happy Xmas to you, and the Sears associates that do get stuff done.

…..

Did you ask for the fraud department when you called Sears? How could an employee get your debit card information? Did you swipe your card or give that information that day? If your information is stored on your Sears.com account how would the employee know your password?

Forums Chit Chat Current Affairs Unauthorized charges

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in