Chit Chat : Deals and Savings

• Was not given Price protection policy, only a runaround

• This extremely poor level of customer service and lack of desire to explain the reasoning to any answers I was given started on Saturday the 1st of Dec 2013. I purchased a treadmill on Nov 30th that was listed as being a lower price Sunday night for the cyber Monday sale. I called and asked for a reduction in the price under Sears’ price protection policy which states ” All Price Match rules and exclusions apply including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving.” At the time I was unaware of exclusions between Thanksgiving and the Monday after. Once I learned of that and was told to “call back Tuesday” I did so. When I called, I was told that the cyber Monday sale was extended to Wednesday and I could not receive the additional $125 in savings. I kept trying to get an answer as to why the website said the Monday after and was repeatedly told there was “nothing we could do” I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and was eventually told that “The supervisor is handling another call and will call you back within the hour” They confirmed my phone number and we hung up. Guess what? No such call was made. Not a surprise to me because it’s not hard to know when someone is saying what you think you want to hear just to get you off the phone. Called again Thursday night Dec 5th as the price was STILL at the discounted price and once again was speaking to Sears’ less than stellar outsourced customer service. The woman I spoke to Thursday promised that she would send this request to a supervisor and I would receive an email within 48 hours. Why is this so hard? I asked, why am I being told several different things? This time an email has to be sent? No explanation other than she had to send it to her supervisor. Well guess what? NO EMAIL. No response, nothing, zero. Sears’ idea of customer service to is say what they think a customer wants to hear just to get them off the phone and then disregard the entire issue in the hopes the customer will just give up. I’ve given up on Sears in general at this point. Horrible horrible experience.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)

Thank you for posting in the MySears Forum.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on this issue!

I would be happy to get you in touch with our SearsCares team to discuss this with you further.

Once one of our team members responds I will notify you via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

jasons987,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We’re sorry to hear about the experience you’ve had with our customer service representatives. Being told that you will receive a call back and not getting that call would be frustrating to anyone. We would be happy to contact you and assist in making sure this issue is addre4ssed and resolved properly. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jasons987) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat Deals and Savings Was not given Price ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in