Ask an Expert : Gardening

• What do you do with your leaves after raking?

• Do you mulch them? Or compost? We just moved and have a TON of trees around. We normally would just throw what we have in our compost pile, but we have about 4 times that amount now. Anyone have some tips on the best way to mulch leaves?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Let your dog ruin all your piles you spent time raking! LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdSbhxy1dvU

I just watched this the other day! LOVE IT!

I don’t have a tip but I will take some of the colorful ones if anyone offers. Two years and I missed getting some to keep to use over the year. I take the food type leaves and compost them with eggs shells, (keep forgetting to grab the banana skins), and some cuttings. It is hard to get good soil, but no tree or others that float by me. Knowing my luck if I were to venture in a wooded area, I would choose poison ivy when it is not green.

I don’t have a tip but I will take some of the colorful ones if anyone offers. Two years and I missed getting some to keep to use over the year. I take the food type leaves and compost them with eggs shells, (keep forgetting to grab the banana skins), and some cuttings. It is hard to get good soil, but no tree or others that float by me. Knowing my luck if I were to venture in a wooded area, I would choose poison ivy when it is not green.

Good idea to compost them, For2Day!

I would choose the poison ivy leaves, too, I think! That would be my luck, and I am also not so outdoorsy.

Forums Ask an Expert Gardening What do you do with ...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in