Interests & Hobbies : Food & Cooking

• When Do You Start Carving Your Pumpkins?

• We just carved ours today and for the first time EVER we had 2 rotten ones in the mix.

I like to go out to the pumpkin patches for there is always some sort of activities going on around us for the kids. Since this was actually the first visit since moving, it makes me wonder on if we will be returning next year. We had also found out this was the only pumpkin patch for 60 miles.

So my daughter ended up going to our local store and picking out 2 more which were wonderful!

My 3 year old grand-daughter really enjoyed trying to carve the eyes and nose, but pretty much dis-orientated the whole pumpkin. Quite comical!

We normally carve ours 1-2 weeks before Halloween and they always seemed to hold up pretty good.

What time frame has worked best for you?

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • We’ll be carving a half dozen or so for our Halloween party next weekend. Have heard that dipping a carved pumpkin in a mild bleach solution kills the bacteria so the jack o’lantern will last longer, we’ll see if it works.

We’ll be carving a half dozen or so for our Halloween party next weekend. Have heard that dipping a carved pumpkin in a mild bleach solution kills the bacteria so the jack o’lantern will last longer, we’ll see if it works.

I’ll be curious to hear if that works, mad.

We normally wait until the weekend before to carve. We have a HUGE problem with squirrels eating our pumpkins if left outside, so we keep them inside until then. If we carve too early, though, they get all moldy and gross inside within days.

It’s fun letting the kids pick the design and do a little carving. You are right, Wendy! You never know what they will come up with!

Forums Interests & Hob... Food & Cooking When Do You Start Ca...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in