Chit Chat : Sears Holdings Corporation

• Worse Customer Service Ever

• Being new to this site, I wish I would have been aware of it before I purchased my Heat pump and service contract in May. There is a recurrent theme here of substandard customer service. On October 26, my auxiliary unit failed to support my heat pump. I called for service, only to be told that the next available appointment was not until Tuesday, October 29. I accepted that appointment with an afternoon window of 1-5 pm. The service rep offered me the option to have the technician call 30-45 minutes prior to his arrival so I would not have to spend time away from work waiting for the service call. I accepted and gave her my cell number as I would not be home (obviously). On Tuesday, I received a call from the technician at 3:09 p.m., no message was left. At 3:12 p.m. I noticed I had missed the call from the technician as well as the office. I tried to call the technician back and only got a blind voice mail message. Not being sure that it was the technician, I called the office at 3:13 p.m. The service rep I spoke with informed me that my appointment was cancelled because I was not available. I tried unsuccessfully to explain to her that they were suppose to call me 30-45 minutes ahead of time so I could meet them and didn’t give me an opportunity to call back. She said they tried to contact me and I was not available so my appointment was cancelled and she could reschedule. I told her I did not want to reschedule because I had been without heat since Saturday. She kept repeating that there was nothing she could do so I requested to speak to a manager. She placed me on hold for 20+ minutes and finally hung up the phone. I called back and this time spoke with Victor. We went through the entire scenario only to be placed on hold againa and eventually disconnected. I called back a third time and requested to speak to a manager. I informed the rep that she could place me on hold again and hang up again, but I was not going away, I would just continue to call back. This time, I was connected to someone who worked in lawn and garden but said she would try and help me. She said she would let the dispatch manager know but she seriously doubted the technician would come back. We did reschedule the appointment for Saturday, one week after the initial request for service. She also gave me a number to call to escalate the complaint. The person at this number identified herself as “Mona” and offered to help. She pulled the service log and proceeded to inform me that the technician had called my home and left a message and then called my cell phone and did not get an answer. She stated that Sears expects the customers to be home when they have requested service and to answer the phone. She insisted that the technician did nothing wrong and protocol was followed because they tried to reach me three times and they are only required to make two attempts. I asked her if she thought it was reasonable to make three attempts in three minutes and not allow the customer time to call back and she said yes. The conversation rapidly deteriorated from there. Mona was argumentative and condescending, not to mention contradictory regarding the protocol for technicians. She defended herself by stating that she did not work in customer service and she worked for the “corporate” office. She tried to dismiss my concerns by offering me a 25$ gift card, which I promptly declined. I asked to speak to someone other than her and she informed me that she was as high as I could go. Apparently, Mona is the CEO of Sears, or perhaps a member of the Board of Directors. There are several concerns to be raised here. 1. There needs to be clearly defined protocols for service calls and visits, including a protocol for contacting customers and what is an exceptable time to wait for a return phone call. Obviously, 3 calls in 3 minutes is unacceptable. 2. There needs to be customer service training for all who handle calls from customers, from the people who work in the call center to those in the “corporate” office. The situation would have easily been diffused with a simple acknowledgement of wrong doing, an apology and an attempt to promptly reschedule the appointment. Instead, the situation was escalated and the subsequent conversations were totally unproductive. Now, Sears has lost a customer, and from the looks of previous posts, has lost many customers. But apparently you do not care. You really should drop tag lines such as Sears Care Team, because you really don’t care. 3. Disciplinary action should be taken against the people in the call center. It is unacceptable to ever place a customer on hold for more than a few minutes, much less 20+ minutes and then disconnected. There is no reasonable explanation for this. Unfortunately, I am stuck with your horrible customer service for the next five years due to my service contract. After that, I will have no dealings with Sears ever again in life. During this five years, I will make it my mission to give your organization the publicity you deserve.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • Hi there, ricedeacon95! Welcome to MySears! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our community today. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you had with that heat pump repair appointment. SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, will be happy to discuss your concerns with you and do what they can to make this right.

A team member will be by in just a bit to help. Once they post, I will send you an email notifying you of their response which will include a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted on the progress!

Thanks!

Dear ricedeacon95,

We thank you for posting about this issue. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been having with your heat pump and how the service repair for the same was handled. We’ll be happy to look into this issue and assist you with any available options to make sure you’re taken care of in a timely manner. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ricedeacon95), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

Forums Chit Chat Sears Holdings Corpo... Worse Customer Servi...

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in