Ask an Expert : Appliance Repair

• Worst service ever!!

• My new fridge stopped working a week before Thanksgiving. When I called for a repair I was told I could not get an appointment until Dec. 18th. The part arrived and several weeks later we had our appointment. The repairman came and while he was leaving down our driveway water begin pouring out of the fridge. When I called for help I was told they could send a repairman no earlier than Christmas Eve.

I explained my new floor was being ruined, that the repairman caused it and asked to speak to a manager. They said no manager was available and they would have him call me back after I insisted. No call. I have talked to other countries, to Texas, to Chicago, to Orlando…there do not seem to be managers available anywhere, only scripts that people read.

I will never buy a Sears product again (we just bought all new Sears products) and the service is beyond horrible!!

How would they like to be without a fridge all this time and just be told there is nothing that can be done to take care of the terrible service and faulty work.

(To reply to any topic or comment, you must Sign in)
  • So I now need to cancel my Christmas plans so I can wait for a repair “sometime” Christmas Eve.

Not only do I get a run around over and over, Sears can’t even be honest with the names used by phone staff (how many “Marys” and “Bobs” are there really in the non-US countries that answer the phones when you need repair service. Do I sound completely frustrated with my Korean made Kennmore with service staff in other countries setting up appointments and reading from a script.

How does a person in Florida get help?

Welcome, gentlecarousel! Thanks for taking the time to share you experience on MySears. I am truly sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your fridge repair. I have escalated your concerns on to SearsCares, who will be able to assist.

A team member will visit shortly looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will notify you via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Dear gentlecarousel,

The experience outlined in your post is very disappointing to hear. We strive to provide top notch products and services and I see that we’ve let you down with both. My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues with one dedicated Case Manager who will work with you until your refrigerator is repaired to your satisfaction. We’d like to look into your issue further and offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who will speak with you, offer their contact information for this issue or any other issue you have with Sears or Kmart, and assist in resolving it. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (gentlecarousel) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

Dear gentlecarousel,

The experience outlined in your post is very disappointing to hear. We strive to provide top notch products and services and I see that we’ve let you down with both. My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues with one dedicated Case Manager who will work with you until your refrigerator is repaired to your satisfaction. We’d like to look into your issue further and offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who will speak with you, offer their contact information for this issue or any other issue you have with Sears or Kmart, and assist in resolving it. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (gentlecarousel) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.

Well Susan, if you are disappointed you can imagine how we feel. You asked for our contact information, but no surprise, you have not called. We realize you are not in any hurry. After all you probably have not been without a working fridge for over a month.

Suggestion: Maybe you should stop selling service agreements until you have enough repairmen available to provide service. Since our fridge stopped working a week before Thanksgiving and now it is just a few days before Christmas it is feeling more like fraud. How many service agreements is Sears selling this weekend that they cannot honor in the new year?

Well “Susan”, if you are disappointed you can imagine how we feel. You asked for our contact information, but no surprise, you have not called. We realize you are not in any hurry. After all you probably have not been without a working fridge for over a month. I imagine you have already left for the holidays or don’t work on weekends or your name isn’t really Susan and you are one more person from another county using a fake American sounding name, reading from a script.

Suggestion: Maybe Sears should stop selling service agreements until you have enough repairmen available to provide service. Since our fridge stopped working a week before Thanksgiving and now it is just a few days before Christmas it is feeling more like fraud instead of complete incompetence.

How many service agreements is Sears selling this weekend that they cannot honor in the new year?

This is the email I sent to you…don’t expect you will reply for a long, long time.

New fridge stopped working one week before Thanksgiving. Repairman could not replace part until Dec.18th! Perhaps it is time to change your “We are there when you need us” slogan for your repair service.

Repairman came after a MONTH. Now, not only is fridge not fixed, water is pouring onto our new floor… and guess what, no one can fix the damage they created until Christmas Eve! We were even waving and trying to stop the repairman as he was going down our driveway.

And Sears it seems has NO managers at all. At least they have no managers who will come to the phone to help us get past the people reading from a script in the Philippines. There are also no managers in Texas (they promised a manager would call us, never did), Orlando, Chicago. Managers are always “unavailable at this time”. I told one woman I talked to in Texas that I was willing to hold as long as it takes to talk to a manager and she said I might be on the phone “all day long”. I have her ID number. “All day long”. Really?

If we are to believe what we are told, people are answering the phone for Sears with no supervision at all anywhere. One person said she was the same as a manager because she was telling us the same thing a manager would say if they were willing to come to the phone.

I finally called the repairman on his own cell phone and he said he would talk to his boss about fixing the water coming out of our fridge …never heard back from him either.

How many holidays will we need to go through without a fridge? We bought all new Sears appliances for our kitchen and are SO sorry we did. We have told everyone we know how sorry we are…even stopped a friend from buying your appliances just in time, told all of our charity volunteers, friends, family and tonight after a long frustrating week, I am writing my newspaper column for Sunday morning.

How many more people do I need to talk to in the Philippines with fake names like “Mary” and “Bob” who apologize for “any inconvenience” and repeat my name in every sentence without any actual service?

But Sears doesn’t care. There are suckers born every minute buying service agreements and appliances with no idea that if something breaks they are out of luck.

gentlecarousel,

We apologize for your recent experience. We will forward your information and a case manager will be in touch as soon as one becomes available.

Thank you,
    Kurt M.
    MySears Community Moderator

Well Kurt, what happened to “Susan”? Wasn’t she the person who was going to get us a case manager yesterday? We understand that a case manager will be in touch when they “become available”. That is what we have been promised over and over.

It is the script that we are talking about that is so frustrating. It is like talking to robots.

All of you use the same meaningless phrases but nothing actually happens. I am waiting for some one to become available in three states and two countries.

Hey Texas manager… still waiting for your promised call. Hey, “Susan”, thanks for the scripted email. No call from you as promised.

“Kurt”, what country are you working from today?

Really SEARS????

So now we have been contacted by another Sears email, this time from “Sarah” asking again for our contact information. This is the contact information we gave to the last Sears email from “Susan” and to all of the people we have talked to on the phone trying to get repair service.

Sarah, we don’t need any more “apologies for our inconvenience”. Everyone at Sears uses those same words but they are meaningless no matter how many states or countries they come from… unless you call and get a repairmen to our home!!

Are you really going to make us wait until Christmas Eve? That should be when Santa comes, not Sears.

What a surprise. No call from “Sarah” today.

Sarah, why send an email asking for all of my contact information… and then you don’t bother to call.

I just tried calling Sarah with the number on her email during her work hours… but another surprise…just a recording. The recording says she is busy helping others.

Who are the others? Who is getting helped and what does a person need to do to get ONE response from ONE “manager” at Sears? How many days and weeks do we need to wait.

Susan, Kurt, Sarah, “Bob” “Mary”, Texas woman, Orlando woman, Chicago woman, all of men and woman answering phones for Sears in other countries….is there no one at Sears who will help???

Forums Ask an Expert Appliance Repair Worst service ever!!

Replying to a Thread

To post a comment or reply >> Sign in