Craftsman Make A Difference – Chicago Rebuild with Mayor Rahm Emanuel

This summer, the Craftsman brand is hitting the road with the Make a Difference Tour Truck– a multi-city tour that, through a partnership with Rebuilding Together Metro Chicago, and funds raised through the Heroes at Home campaign, will restore homes of US veterans across the country. The tour consists of more than 20 stops throughout the country through August including six Rebuilding Together events which focus on providing home repairs for veterans in need.

On July 12th, the Craftsman Make a Difference Truck made a special stop in Chicago, IL. to repair the home of veteran Mr. Mac Jones, an extremely charming 76-year old man on oxygen who was house bound for 3 years until the VA put a lift in for him 3 months ago.  He was thrilled to be able to leave his home again and so grateful for his rediscovered independence.  Mac served in the Air Force for 12 twelve years during the Vietnam and Korean conflicts. When looking back on his military career, he said, “It was a wonderful time in my life and very important to me to serve my country.  I don’t regret a single moment of it.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel stopped by the West Englewood community to support both the residents and volunteers working on this special Craftsman “Make a Difference” Tour, thanked Mr. Jones for his service to this country and helped with the official ribbon cutting ceremony.

Volunteers from Craftsman, Heroes at Home and Rebuilding Together Metro Chicago completed the renovations to Mr. Jones’ home which included, newly rebuilt walls and ceilings, exterior and  interior painting,  landscaping, and new appliances – A healthy and happy home for Mr. Jones.

Other Recent Craftsman Make A Difference Blogs: 

° The Craftsman “Make a Difference” Tour Hits The Road to Assist Communities Nationwide

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

About

The Community Blog is a place where you can discover countless posts about the things that interest you. So go ahead.

Explore. Comment. Repeat.