Craftsman Gifts for the Tool Lover
by Bryan Carey
Craftsman is the premier name in power tools and related accessories. Handymen and women of all ages appreciate the quality design and manufacturing of every Craftsman product. Craftsman tools are a great gift option that will please anyone who uses tools, from a professional maintenance and repair person, to a hobbyist, to a DIYer who likes having the right tool on hand at all times.
Which Craftsman tools would make good choices for the gift recipients on your list? Here are some possibilities:
Top Tools as Gifts
Craftsman DOG BONE SAE Wrench
“It replaces 8 different sizes of wrenches in one tool, which is great if your as disorganized as I am, and It has a magnetic button on it to either hold onto a bolt or use as a pick up tool when you drop it in an inconvenient spot.”
Craftsman NEXTEC 12.0 Volt Right Angle Impact Driver
“I look for quality products such as this to have in my tool box. I consider it an investment well worth the price. It is light weight and easy to handle.”
Craftsman NEXTEC Lithium Iron Drill/Driver
“I tried this drill and was surprised that a 12 volt drill felt like it had the same amount of power as the higher voltage drills. And, go figure, this NEXTEC drill had more torque than its 19.2 volt competition. This drill is definitely the best deal Sears has for the Do-it-yourself’er at home.”
See more tools reviews
Craftsman Tools for the DIYer and/or Hobbyist
- Nextec Drill – This 12- volt lithium ion 3/8 inch reversible drill/driver is compact, lightweight, and cordless. It features a two- speed gearbox that delivers 195 in.-lbs of torque and 0-400/0-1300 rpm for high speed drilling and/or driving. An LED work light, eighteen position clutch, two lithium ion batteries, 30- minute quick charger, and a soft carrying case are included to round out the package. It’s a great gift for the more sophisticated person who already owns a basic drill and would like an upgrade.
- C3 Compact Lithium Reversible Drill – Featuring a two- speed gearbox delivering 400- 1400 rpm, a built- in LED work light, 24-position clutch, and a keyless clutch, this deluxe drill is great for the do- it- yourselfer who wants a portable drill that is lightweight and easy to use.
- 7 ¼” Sliding Miter Saw – Miter saws are a necessity for the serious wood working hobbyist or handyman and this miter saw has plenty of great features that make it the perfect gift. It features a dual-slide rail system that allows for crosscuts up to eight inches in diameter. The blade includes 40 carbide- tipped cutting teeth for lasting sharpness and durability.
- C3 Drill/Driver – A great gift choice, the C3 Drill/Driver features a 19.2 volt motor, 410 in.-lbs of torque, ½ inch keyless chuck, two speed gearbox, and 24 position adjustable torque clutch that helps to prevent the overdriving of screws and the resulting damage that can result. It even includes built- in horizontal and vertical bubble levels as well as drill bit storage.
- C3 Combo Kit Drill/Driver and Impact Driver – Another great gift that comes in pairs, the C3 Combo Drill/Driver and Impact Driver includes a 3/8 inch drill/driver with 2-speed gear box, 3/8 inch keyless chuck, and ¼ inch impact driver with variable speed and ¼ inch hex coupler.
Craftsman Tools for the Outdoor Enthusiast
- Got a family member who lives in a cold, snowy climate? If you do, then consider the Craftsman 208 cc 26 In. 2 Stage Snow Thrower. Its powerful 208cc Craftsman 4-cycle engine makes snow removal a breeze. This snow thrower allows users to experience the ease of single hand operation with clutch lock and the easy to use 4-way joystick chute control.
Craftsman Devices for Storage and Cleanup:
- 26 in. 5-Drawer Ball-Bearing Chest – Storing your Craftsman tools is easy with this large, rolling tool storage device in fire engine red. With a baked enamel shell and drawers and ball- bearing slides, this combo storage unit also includes an internal locking system with two reversible, overmolded keys. It makes a great gift choice for those who could use a little organization in their tool life.
- 4-Drawer Ball-Bearing Workbench with Galvanized Top – For those who need storage but would also like a flat surface for working, this 4 Drawer Workbench could be just what the doctor; er, carpenter ordered. A fiberboard work surface with removable galvanized shell, full- extension ball bearing drawer slides, pegboard-pierced sides and heavy duty steel construction make this product strong and durable. Add a bulk storage area with two shelves that provide room for larger items and you have a workbench that anyone would be proud to own.
- Military Ready Tool Cart – This portable tool cart is a perfect gift for someone who needs a way to store their Craftsman tools and easily transport them from one place to the next. This Military Ready Tool Cart has over 100 sewn pockets along with a complete pallet with sewn elastic that can be customized to accommodate tools with a more unusual shape. The telescopic handle and three- inch wheels make it easy to pull/roll the cart around, making transporting tools a cinch.
- Wet/Dry Vac Advanced Cleaning System – Cleaning up after a day of work is essential, and this wet-dry vac makes the task easy with its large capacity and six horsepower motor. Switch the hose around, and the wet-dry vac becomes a blower, making it ideal for quick clean- ups. Accessories like two extension wands, utility nozzle, car nozzle, and wet nozzle along with a paper filter, bonus filter, and bonus dusting brush round out the set.
Craftsman Tools For the Budget Minded (under $35):
- 83 PC. Insert Bit Set – A simple Craftsman gift that is highly practical, this set includes 1 and 2 inch Phillips, square, Pozi, slotted and Torx insert bits and nut drivers for most household projects.
- 2D Toolight – Extra heavy- duty and waterproof construction makes this flashlight an accessory that will last for a good long time. It features a super- bright krypton bulb and a built- in power indicator that displays the amount of energy remaining with the 2-D size batteries. It’s an excellent gift that puts ordinary flashlights to shame.
- Professional 100 watt Work Light with Heavy Duty Cord, Swivel Hook, Circuit Breaker – Often, it’s necessary to aim light at a precise area and this fluorescent light is exactly the accessory you need to light your way. The LED light in the plug lets you know instantly you have power to the cord. Also, the 25 ft., 14 gage, 3 wire cord makes it easy to reach into the far corners of your workshop and the 360 degree swivel makes it easy to place the light precisely where it is needed.
- 4 in1 Wrenches – This is a two-piece wrench set that consists of two reversing, ratcheting box wrenches. A 12-point hex opening in each wrench makes for a perfect, no slip fit.
- 10 Piece Screwdriver Set – One of the basic tools that every household needs is a set of screwdrivers. This 10-piece set is made from advanced alloy steel with serrated slotted tips for extra fastener grip. Five slotted screwdrivers and five Phillips head screwdrivers complete the set.
- 2 Piece Lockback Utility Knife Set – These lockback utility knives feature one large and one small knife. The larger knife accepts standard utility blades while the smaller knife accepts mini utility blades and can be stored in the pocket or on a keychain. The polished wood handle provides a comfortable grip and the stainless steel construction provides durability.
- Tool Bags, 2 Pack – A budget option for carrying tools, this two-pack set of tool bags feature one 10-inch and one 12-inch Tuftwear construction bag that are both water and abrasion resistant. Three outer accessory pockets add to the storage space and a zipper top makes it easy to remove the contents.
- 1 inch by 30 ft Steel Measuring Tape – Another basic Craftsman tool every household needs, this measuring tape utilizes a heavy duty nylon and acrylic coated steel blade. Spring-activated, automatic recoiling and a locking device to hold the steel tape in place make this measuring tape a good gift choice for those who need a strong, durable measuring device.
Craftsman Fun Stuff for Family or Friends:
- 4 LED Hat – If your gift recipient already has the necessary tools, consider this LED hat. No ordinary piece of headwear, it includes built-in LED illumination, eliminating the need for headlamps. The hat can be adjusted to fit varying sizes and it comes complete with batteries.
- Craftsman Short Sleeve Henley – Available in six colors, this 100 percent knit shirt features a rib-knit collar with three button placket and built- in stain protection. It’s a cool shirt with comfortable fabric and a two- year wear- out warranty.
- My First Craftsman 68-Piece Workbench – For the future do-it-yourselfers. Kids will love working on make-believe fixer-upper projects their very own workbench and kid-safe tools. The workbench includes a carrying case and lights and sounds to add to the realistic action.
Gift buying doesn’t have to be difficult. With Craftsman tools, there is always something suitable for the gift recipient, from the individual who lacks the basic tools to the experienced woodworker or handyman who could use a few enhancements to help make repairs or projects easier. Tools vary widely in capabilities also, ranging from the most basic to the more sophisticated that can be used to complete multiple tasks with a single device.
Consider Craftsman the next time you shop for gifts. Craftsman quality is unparalleled, and with so many different tools and accessories available, there is certainly a Craftsman product to match the gift- giving occasion and a product to fit any size budget.
Bryan Carey is a business professional, educator, and writer living in the greater Houston, Texas area. Married and with two children, Bryan realizes the need for a diverse set of tools for home repair and for partaking in creative projects. He has purchased and used dozens of tools in his lifetime and the Craftsman lineup has contributed many years of solid and reliable assistance to his many mechanical endeavors.