Last-minute Valentine’s Day Ideas
The best Valentine’s Day gifts show the thoughtfulness, creativity and love gift-givers put into selecting them. This February 14, wow your significant other with a present he or she remembers and appreciates for years to come, even if choosing it didn’t take months.
Three types of Valentines are practically guaranteed to get your wife or girlfriend on the phone telling her friends how amazing you are for giving her the perfect present.
- Jewelry: Provided you know what your lady likes, glittering diamond jewelry can make an ideal gift. Does she always wear a stylish necklace, or are earrings her favorite accessories? Would she most appreciate a 10-karat white gold bracelet set with 1/2 carats worth of round, nearly colorless G-J white diamonds?
- Weekend getaway: Few things are more romantic than a weekend getaway for two at a cozy bed-and-breakfast or luxury hotel. Plan as much as you can in advance so all your wife or girlfriend needs to do is pack a small bag and have fun.
- Spa basket: Show your lady love how much you care by putting together a spa basket filled with luxurious skin creams, pampering lotions and rejuvenating bath salts. Include a box of gourmet chocolates long with a bottle of her favorite wine or a tin of her favorite tea.
Never let your husband’s or boyfriend’s apparent nonchalance fool you into thinking he doesn’t care about Valentine’s Day. Men enjoy receiving gifts that are expressions of love just as much as women do.
- Designer watch: When shopping for a handsome dress watch that goes as well with a business suit as it does with a polo shirt and jeans, consider which colors your husband or boyfriend usually wears. If he favors blues, blacks and grays, look for a watch with a face and band highlighted in complementary silver tones.
- Game tickets: A pair of tickets to see his favorite college or professional team play live makes a fun gift. Package the tickets with a jersey, T-shirt, ball cap or warm throw featuring his favorite team’s logo.
- Grilling gift package: Create a unique Valentine’s gift basket for your grill master that includes jars filled with homemade spice rub, new grilling tools and a bottle opener. If your guy is a hot wing fanatic, include a bottle of his favorite sauce and a leg and wing rack cooker.