Valentine Gift Ideas for the Home

Country Living Valentine's 2011

What’s the best gift to give on Valentine’s? Here’s what the public thinks:

• 28% Chocolates – I love to give something sweet to my sweetheart
  • 25% Handmade Valentines – Crafting something special shows how much I care
  • 24% I show my love every day so there’s no need to give a gift on that day
  • 23% Flowers – A beautiful bouquet of flowers is the best present.

Country Living MugCountry Living MugI have some ideas of my own for this special day for all loved ones. V-day gifts do not have to be covered in hearts of red and pink.  The problem with those types of gifts is that once the day passes we never really know what to do with the kitsch merchandise in our home. As February is still very cold in most parts of the country, here are some other great ideas:

Coffee and Tea mugs. I personally recommend the Country Living white and red cups. They come in sets of four and would make a wonderful gift with a bag of coffee or tea. If you’re thinking of throwing a coffee or tea party, the Country Living rooster salad plates would complement the mugs nicely. Plus, these tabletop items layer into your everyday dinnerware any day of the year.

Cannon Sherpa ThrowThrows. Our Cannon sherpa throws are wonderful for any room in the house, and they can be kept out all year long for whenever you feel like snuggling up with loved ones.  They come in many different styles and colors.  A great gift for under $20.00.

Lots of love between the sheets. For a luxe gift try our Jaclyn Smith 350 thread count Pima Cotton Sateen sheets.  They come in four soft colors.  The hand of these sheets is subtle and soft and will make you want to stay in bed all day long. Or for a crisper cooling sheet try our 300 thread count wrinkle-free cotton percale sheets available in nine colors.

Cannon Zero Twist TowelA fresh new set of towels. This is another favorite gift, and one that I buy for my husband and kids every year.  There is nothing that says luxury like the cool cotton hand of fresh bathroom towels.  Oh I love our Cannon Zero Twist towels.  Zero Twist means the terry is not pulled as tightly, so it is softer to the touch and gives a shag carpet feel.  Yummy! It takes the water right off of you when you step out of the shower. And we haven’t even gotten to the best part: the colors are bright and bold, perfect for marrying with white towels with coordinating dobby stripes.  There really is no better way to freshen up your bathroom.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

About

The Community Blog is a place where you can discover countless posts about the things that interest you. So go ahead.

Explore. Comment. Repeat.