Explore Florida

Florida is one of the most family friendly vacation destinations in the United States. With countless major theme parks, hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches, exciting cities and thousands of amazing places to stay, there are few states that can beat Florida for fun.

Family Time in the Panhandle
It’s easy to understand why families from all over the United States, as well as overseas, choose to vacation in Florida. From a short weekend jaunt to a week-long adventure, there are vacation destinations in Florida that hit every family’s wish, as well as every family’s budget point.

When people think of Florida, most think of adventure rides, childhood characters and white sandy beaches. Those images are right on the money, but there is so much more to do. From golf vacations to nature vacations to historical vacations and relaxing beach vacations, there is a city that can fulfill every vacation desire.

Time in the Tea Cups
Florida boasts more theme parks than any other state. Between the cities of Orlando and Kissimmee, visitors will find Walt Disney World Resort, which includes the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and the Disney Animal Kingdom theme parks. Nearby are Universal Studios and Universal’s Islands of Adventure – a 30-acre water park – as well as SeaWorld Orlando. Just west, you can enjoy Busch Gardens, which combines zoo animals with adventure rides and a water park. Science lovers can head to the Kennedy Space Center to see the life and times of an astronaut, as well as videos of past space shuttle launches. There is also Discovery Cove, where you can swim with the dolphins. Most visitors to these areas will find their days filled with rides, characters and great food. But for those who choose a more relaxed day, there are beautiful parks, golf courses, and historical attractions in the center of the state as well. Families can enjoy amazing resort destinations and spend quality time together, no matter what their agenda. Shopping, museums, sports – each neighborhood surrounding this theme park mecca has a distinct personality that offers something for visitors of all ages.

Greatness on the Gulf
On the West Coast of the peninsula, the Gulf of Mexico brings calm, warm waters to enjoy and fun cities with loads of daytime – and nighttime – adventures. Two of the better known vacation destinations are Pensacola and Panama City. These cities are not too far from vacation destinations such as a Disney World Resort and Universal Studios, but offer ocean front views of sandy beaches and the sea.

Head further south on the Gulf side and visitors can take a tour of the Florida Everglades. These tours are more like a ride in an amusement park, with the huge fans boats gliding quickly over the water, as glimpses of rare birds and alligators poke out from the marshes.

Pensacola and Panama City are often full in the springtime, as college students and baseball fans head down to see Grapefruit League Spring Training games and party long into the night.

On the Atlantic
On the East Coast of Florida, visitors have their pick of cities such as Daytona, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Race car lovers can enjoy the Daytona 500 and then head down to Daytona Beach to enjoy beautiful white sandy beaches and the slow waves of the Atlantic Ocean.

Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach are two of the most well-known of Florida’s vacation destinations. If you are looking for fun in the sun with a hint of history, both offer art deco board walks, amazing food with a hint of Cuban and nightlife for the most energetic. Stay in your pick of hundreds of amazing resorts and walk the beaches before heading into town for shopping, art, music or just incredible people watching.

Heading South
Last but not least, you can head south to visit the Gulf Islands with the white, powder-fine sand and warm waters. When you finally reach the southernmost point, you can relax with the locals of Key West and watch the sunset with a fruity drink and deck chair.

It’s no secret that Florida offers a little something for everyone, making it easy to find and plan your next vacation by focusing on one extraordinary state.

Book your Florida stay at www.SearsVacations.com

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. We Love Key West. What a great place to relax and get away from the winter weather in Michigan. The charter fishing is one of a kind. Where else can you go out and catch a shark or a Goliath Grouper! Next up is a family vacation so my children can see why we go so often.

2. I live in Florida all ready but I would like visiting the beaches any way

3. TWO NEPHEWS AND A NEICE IN FLORIDA. THE WARM WEATHER WOULD BE SOOOOOO TEMPTING

4. We have family Florida that we have not seen in years. I think a Floridacation is an excellent idea :)

5. I am disabled single mother of eight children. My oldest will be 19 this yr and I have never been outside of my own geographical region. I think think a vacation in Florida is overdue.

6. I would love to have the time and money to go to the Florida and to spend one month vacationing.

7. Definitely love the Florida beaches. I've seen upper and central FL but would really love to go visit the Keys area and have lots of fun on the sandy Atlantic coast. Maybe even a dolphin adventure.

8. I've heard that Destin is pretty. Would like to check it out sometime and relaxed on their white sand beach.

9. I'd love to see Florida & all the Neon lights, it's always fun to visit a new beach, plus disneyworld is their. We have disneyland here which is a blast. They have an area in Los Angels for grown-u[s and big kids like me. you can watch a conert there like Duran Duran and stay in the Disneyland Hotel. I've been to Magic Mountain--but the rides are fun--but scary!

10. The parks are hard but a must see with kids. I know a trick though.
    Do a few days in the park then take the Disney cruise. Oh my they have babysitting they dock for gambling. The food is wonderful. The stop on the private island is a big Wow. Book a time at the spa as well. Now if you are on spring break go to Fort Lauderdale and no where else your a fool if you dont. Book ahead and if you are a girl travel in packs no one left behind no matter how stupid she acts. Miami Beach is a jewel for the people who like to seek out the rare and authentic. Yes, the party is wonderful, but it is so much more you foodies, you artist, and the small shops look vintage,=) NOW STAY AWAY FROM MY KEYS!! too many of you there now. And how do you describe a group of people who clap at sunset every day
    if you dont get it. if you want to PARTY! go away. we like the free range roosters and the wierdos. Its a culture and its cool so dont come down and try to fix it lots of fun other stuff for you got it? you wont like this and if you are our type of misfit ignore the stuff above

11. thank you for my application

12. This is so true. One week in Florida is not enough. You must visit several times to get the full experience. There is so much to do in Florida. I highly recommend going. Florida is so beautiful and refreshing to visit.

About

The Community Blog is a place where you can discover countless posts about the things that interest you. So go ahead.

Explore. Comment. Repeat.