Campus Connection: Pumped about pumpkins

Late October has arrived and with it my favorite holiday, Halloween.  I’m obsessed with everything that comes with the fall season – the weather, apple cider, football, leaves, and goofy costumes.  One tradition that I have definitely not abandoned in the three years I’ve been in college is carving pumpkins.  This year, I went to the pumpkin patch and picked out the biggest one I could find.  Next it was time to figure out what I should carve into my pumpkin.  After looking around online for a while, I decided what better than to carve a tribute to this great Nation of ours.  My design was difficult, but I have an artistic side so I knew it would just take time and patience..  After scraping out my pumpkin, I drew on the pattern I wanted to carve.  It was an American flag, the Statue of Liberty, and Mount Rushmore.  A few hours later and here’s what turned out:

Although I am pleased with the outcome, I doubt that I will be spending that much time or effort on a pumpkin again any time soon.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. Wow, that is some amazing pumpkin-carving skill! I'm impressed!

About

The Community Blog is a place where you can discover countless posts about the things that interest you. So go ahead.

Explore. Comment. Repeat.