Summer Office Clothes for Style and Comfort
Summer office attire trends continue to shift to accommodate personal style and practicality when temperatures soar. That doesn’t mean the rule for professional business attire changes when there are important meetings with clients. The trick is to be savvy about when you’re allowed to be more flexible wearing casual summer office clothes.
Feminine styles are the trend for summer clothes for women this year.
- Soft collarless blouses are Mediterranean hip and replace business blouses in stiff fabrics and masculine styles.
- Feminine floral dresses are back as a 9-to-5 staple. Longer hems (above the knee to mid-length) and cinched waists are office-appropriate, whether casual or as everyday business wear during summer.
- Bright, sassy colors and flowered motifs rule summer’s office attire for women on “jeans day.” Finish the casual look with a pair of wedge sandals.
- If you must wear a business suit, channel Chanel with jackets and skirts made from soft boucle yarn. If you live in a super hot climate, a linen jacket and shorts set is always a classic look when paired with flats for day and heels to transition into evening.
- Summer office attire is ruled by translucent pastels in shades of beige, mint green, pink salmon and lemon yellow. Also trending are neutral summer shades of khaki, gray, black and white.
Business dress attire for men this summer features lightweight cotton suits with simple lines and well-fitted jackets. Men’s dress shoes should be smooth and glossy or trimmed in reptile leather or another eye-catching texture.
- On hot summer days when you don’t have appointments and can dress down a bit at the office, forget the dress shirt under a business jacket and wear a classy T-shirt instead.
- Pair a boldly patterned or plaid cotton sports shirt with khakis or jeans for office casual. Super slim cotton shirts are trendy favorites for young guys who like to prove that they workout at the gym.
- On casual office days, fashion-forward men will be wearing upscale styles of sports shoes such as sneakers and gym shoes in unusual designs, colors and materials that pair well with jeans.
- Summer office clothes for urbanite men always trend toward chic business casual. Classic black or beige pants are paired with simple white shirts or bright pops of color.
- Shades of green are trending in summer office attire in men’s ties and shirts.