Vacation Your Way With These Fun Cruising Styles

There is no end to what you can do on today’s cruise ships. Whether you want to spend your days filled with activities or simply lay by the pool uninterrupted, today’s cruise lines help you accomplish your vacation goals of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation.

Adventures in Activity
Today’s cruise ships provide vacationers with some of the most innovative and exciting opportunities in travel. Board your ship and you will see something for every person, every personality.

For vacationers looking to continue their active lifestyle while in exotic locales, cruises today provide activities for every lifestyle, every level of adventurer. Scale in safety on Royal Caribbean with rock climbing walls that provide you a view to remember directly from the top deck of your ship. Reach the top of the rock and you will see the sea for miles while knowing that you are anchored in. Or, if you want something wet, visit one of the many water slides onboard Royal Caribbean ships. These on-water water parks make land-based water slides look like backyard fun. Where else can you get a view of the ocean as you shoot the tube? Only aboard Royal Caribbean!

Celebrity Cruises offer more adult – but no less fun – fare for cruisers. If you love to stay active, Celebrity has an abundance of entertaining activities to keep you moving day and night, regardless of your skill level. Engage your competitive side with mind-bender challenges or dance the night away at one of the nightly themed dance parties. During the day, you can attend onboard lectures from experts in art, wine, culinary tricks and wellness or shop until you drop at one of many upscale boutiques. Celebrity Cruises encourage you to savor, discover and renew through extravagant entertainment and educational enrichment.

For top-notch entertainment, you need look no further than Norwegian Cruise Lines. Its newest ship, the Norwegian Epic, features acts such as the world-famous Second City® comedy troupe, Cirque Dreams® & Dinner and the Blue Man Group in Broadway-caliber performances. More than 20 different bars offer nighttime enticement, including the unique SVEDKA Ice Bar, the only true ice bar at sea. Enter the frozen fantasy and see the bar, the walls, the tables, the stools, and even the life-size sculptures made entirely of ice. Faux furs can keep you warm in the chilly 17 degrees or get your warmth from your sweetie and a nice glass of premium vodka.

Relax and rejuvenate
Of course, it is not all about keeping busy on ship-downtime can be just as decadent. Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Celebrity cruise lines all offer amazing spas, adult-only entertainment opportunities and culinary masterpieces that make your mouth water before you even enter the dining area.

If you are looking to spend some quality time, book a couple massage suite at Royal Caribbean’s Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness. You can even keep the kids busy with the dedicated youth spa that allows your younger family members to luxuriate in their own age-appropriate locale. Don’t miss a delicious moment by visiting a new restaurant every night you are at sea. Of course, to really relax and share the moment, take a stroll together along the Promenade of the ship or sit and watch the sunset over the ocean. Nothing can compare to time together.

If you want the true spa experience at sea, on the new Norwegian Epic, you can book a spa stateroom that gives you access to the many luxurious options found onboard. Schedule a couple’ hot stone massages in your stateroom or venture in to the opulence of the day-spa for a dip in the hydrotherapy tubs. Heated chaise lounges in the spa relaxation room provide a floor-to-ceiling view of your surroundings – or your next day’s port of call.

Fun for the family
Active families don’t have to stop when they board the ship. Royal Caribbean provides family gyms which now offer Pilates, kickboxing, and spinning classes, as well as treadmills and elliptical machines. The Youth Zone featured an open gym and activity area, as well as the Adventure Ocean Theater and Science Lab and The Workshop area, which includes activities such as jewelry making and scrapbooking. If your children are still infants or toddlers, Royal Caribbean also provides Royal Babies and Royal Tots nursery service so you can sneak away for a romantic dinner onboard – and know your children are cared for by credentialed and vetted babysitters.

On Norwegian Cruise Line, enjoy the ideal vacation where parents relax, kids play and families connect. With the exclusive Nickelodeon™ at Sea, you can hang with SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer and even compete in Nickelodeon’s signature messy game show, Slime Time LIVE! And gamers can have the ultimate experience with a two-story Wii® gaming screen, with contests and challenges for all age groups. There is something totally cool about bowling in the middle of the ocean, not to mention a complete video arcade, ping pong tournaments and a giant chess board. Get wet on plunging waterslides and supervised swimming competitions.

Celebrity doesn’t skimp on adventures for family. The ships “Fun Factories” offer supervised activities for all ages, including the latest gaming technology and the hottest movies. With crafts, music, karaoke, treasure huts and theme parties, there is truly something for everyone.

Your vacation, your way
It is not only the amazing adventures you find on board that make cruising such a spectacular vacation experience. There is also an exceptional level of personal service, award-winning cuisine, world-famous amenities and spacious accommodations to ensure an unforgettable cruise experience. It’s your vacation – make sure it’s exactly what you’ve been daydreaming about.

ShopYourWay Post Email icon

1. cruise ships are fun!

2. Nice!

3. I've only been on one cruise and it was FABULOUS! Intriguing activities, exotic foods, lively music, exciting excursions, sleeping in to the gentle rocking of the waves, the sea air, napping in a nice quiet, sunny secluded spot on the ship's deck... bliss!

4. A CRUISE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. ON A BIG BOAT AND I MEAN BIG. WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN JUST TO GET AWAY TO ANOTHER PLACE.

5. Waited on hand and foot! I would love that! Mom shouldn't be appreciated only on Mother's day :)Schedule every Mom you know a trip down memory lane now. Scheduling the trip is the first step to creating that marvelous memory.

6. Cruising is AWESOME! It was truely the only vacation that a mother gets. I didn't have to lift a finger for a whole week and I was with my husband and two teenage daughters. I'm looking online constantly for the next big deal...hopefully in the Caribbean.

7. I need vacation asap but they are 2 expencive.

8. I've always dreamed of a Caribbean cruise. Of course that would mean wardrobe shopping at Sears for my holiday. What fun!

9. I have been on 3 cruises and my favorite was the Royal Caribbean to Jamacia, Cozmel, Cancun, etc loved all the Islands. My first 2 cruises were to the Bahamas - will always remember them.

10. I get seasick easily, so I doubt I will be going on a cruise any time soon.

11. My husband ans I went on a cruise 15 years ago. We would love to go again. We have raised 5 children and our 30th anniversary is on Mothers day 5/13/2012. With all the kids out of the house a cruise would be like winning the lottery. Thank you, Paulette McKinney

12. I did not know Nickelodeon had a cruise this is great. The other time I went on a cruise it was with my kids and they wished it was Nickelodeon this is great.

13. I can't wait to go on my first cruise. This sounds like so much fun.

About

The Community Blog is a place where you can discover countless posts about the things that interest you. So go ahead.

Explore. Comment. Repeat.