How to Clean Resin Patio Furniture
Resin is one of the most popular materials for making patio furniture, and it’s easy to see why. Resin is inexpensive, durable and looks great in many different settings. Resin patio furniture is also known for being easy to clean, making it a great choice for our busy lifestyles.
While resin patio furniture is generally easy to clean, it’s still important to keep it as protected as possible. Keeping your resin patio furniture in the shade when possible will help preserve the color and allow you to enjoy it longer. In the winter, store your resin patio furniture covered if possible to keep it clean and make it that much easier to get ready for another season next spring.
Cleaning resin patio furniture
Cleaning resin patio furniture isn’t difficult, but it’s important to use the right techniques. Here are a few tips for keeping your resin patio furniture looking its best.
1. Use a hose to wash off any surface dirt and grime. You can also use a pressure washer set on the lowest setting.
2. Rub the entire surface with a damp cloth dipped in soapy water. Use a mild dish detergent to remove any stuck on dirt and grime.
4. Use a mixture of bleach, detergent and water to remove really stubborn stains from your resin furniture. Mix together a gallon of warm water, one cup of bleach and a couple squirts of your favorite dishwashing liquid. Apply the mixture to the stains, let it stand for at least 10 minutes, and then rinse it away. Repeat as necessary.
5. Remove scuff marks with a paste made from water and a quality powdered cleanser like Ajax. Apply the paste, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then hose it off.
6. Allow the newly cleaned furniture to air dry, then wipe away any remaining moisture with a clean, soft cloth.
Resin patio furniture maintenance
Always wipe away any new spills before they have a chance to set in. Wash away bird droppings or tree sap before it can damage the surface or mar the finish. Clean each piece whenever you get the hose out to water your yard, flowers or garden. A few extra minutes a week can keep your resin furniture looking like new and make the next spring cleaning a lot easier.