Maintain Your Snow Blower
- Check the snow blower’s engine oil before every start and top off the oil if it’s needed.
- For a new snow blower, change the engine oil after the first five hours of use. Snow blower engines have a break-in period, and metal shavings can end up in the engine oil.
- Replace the engine oil at the end of winter or after every 50 hours of use, whichever comes first.
- Check the spark plug after every 25 hours of use. Replace the plug if it’s cracked or damaged. Remove the spark plug and brush off any grime or soot with a wire brush and re-insert it.
- Spray lubricant on the linkage, gear shaft, and between the auger shaft and drive shaft.