Question

06/28/2013: Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 06/27/2013. 06/25/2013: In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days.

Answers

7 answers

1. Compare this current item status history #sears from today to the one below from 6/22. I find it fraudulent that to cover their ***** they can just go in and change the order history from day one. Now we have a different customer service rep who thinks we were told from the time of ordering that we were told 30 days to delivery because she is probably seeing the NEW and REVISED item status history! We had one phone call from her and nothing since…..still waiting and STILL paying the interest from the charge for the undelivered item that was put on my credit card. Sent several certified mails to Hoffman Estates on Friday…let’s see if ANYONE responds. Status 07/03/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 07/04/2013. 07/02/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/28/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 07/04/2013. 06/25/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/21/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/19/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 07/04/2013. 06/11/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/09/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 07/04/2013. 06/06/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/05/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 07/04/2013. 06/02/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 07/04/2013. 05/30/2013 Ordered Part has been processed in the system, but status from the supplier is not yet available. From my first post 6/22/13 “Item status history Part:181689, DECK.SERV.50, (Qty: 1) Order #:F347180 Date Status 06/21/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/19/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 06/21/2013. 06/11/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/09/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 06/21/2013. 06/06/2013 In Process Part is being prepared for shipment. It should ship within 1-2 business days, and arrive within 5-7 business days. 06/05/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 06/21/2013. 06/02/2013 Backordered The part is temporarily out of stock and is scheduled to ship on 06/21/2013. 05/30/2013 Ordered Part has been processed in the system, but status from the supplier is not yet available.”

2. There have been problems like this for years. Is this still under Sears warranty? If not you might want to skip Sears completely, have you tried Amazon or the manufacturer for the part? Who made the lawn mower?

Sears makes nothing of their own it is all rebranded from other manufacturers. Might want to go to the manufacturer and find an authorized dealer and see if they have the part.

• San Jose, CA

In response to ServiceLocally

The manufacturer is the one who actually "supplies" the parts.

So.

If Sears Parts Direct is out of stock, chances are the manufacturer is having some sort of difficulty.

Finding a replacement belt or ball-bearing may very well be possible going "outside" of Sears.

A LARGE item, like a mower deck is most likely being warehoused or built on demand by the manufacturer to fulfill a Parts Direct order, like yours.

It might be good to order spare belts and a mandrel assembly now, to avoid the whole stocking and shipping delay deal sometime in the future.

That way the Strategic Kanban will be located at your place, where there is more control over inventory stocking levels.

Maybe a spare set of mower blades, too?

1. In response to ServiceLocally

It's a craftsman. I've tried to find the part to no avail.

3. Hi PoconoSue,

Thank you for providing an update on not receiving your garden tractor mower deck. We are sorry to hear that you have still not received this part.

I have escalated your concerns and previous threads to the SearsCares team to see if they can help in resolving this issue, for as you mentioned, the dates are quite confusing especially when the back ordered date is 6/28.

Please check back periodically for one of our team members to respond!

Thank you!

4. Still getting the run around with my mower deck....I find it interesting that on 6/28/2013 it is backordered but "scheduled to ship on 6/27/2013.
    The customer service rep said we could hire someone to mow and sears would pay for it....well I need that in writing. So now the college graduation party for my son has been ruined by Sears and this unbelievable wait and continued run-around for a mower deck.

1. In response to PoconoSue

PoconoSue,

We're sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. I'll ensure your case manager receives your message.

Thank you,

Brian H.

MySears Community Moderator

See More