Question

A note about Sears delivery – told delivery would be made 2-20-13 with a call the day before about delivery time. No call, no delivery. I had to call, told delivery delayed until 2-23 and would receive a call on 2-22 about delivery time. No call, I had to call. Told delivery delayed and reschedule until 2-24. Received call 2-23 and told delivery would be 2-24 between 4:45 & 6:45. On 2-24, received call that delivery was delayed and would be there by 10pm. No delivery. I called today, and was told that the product was delivered. IT WAS NOT. After they checked further, told delivery would now be 2-26. Why should I belive that I will get a call about delivery or even to expect this delivery? Totally disgustedwith this experience. There will be NO FURTHER ORDERS placed by me with Sears.

Answers

11 answers

1. I'm having the exact same experience with Sears Delivery and like you, I'll never order another thing from them. I ordered a patio dining set on 2/28/14 and have now been called 5 times to tell me that the delivery has been 'delayed'. We've not had any severe weather to cause delays and each associate I've spoken with has given me a different excuse for the delay ("not in stock", "backordered", "delivered to warehouse but damaged and another one has been ordered"). Today I received the 5th call and now I'm being told that the set is no longer available and I have to choose another set. Oddly enough, when I visit Sears website, select the exact same set in the exact same color and enter my zip code for delivery it tells me I'll have it by 3/27/14. I'm currently waiting for a 'manager' to call me back to explain this to me as the associate was unable to understand what I was telling him.

This honestly appears to be a bait and switch deal with Sears, as the last 2 associates have pressed me to "order another set. If anyone has ordered the "Garden Oasis Emery 7 Piece Cushion Dining Set" in 'Green', beware that although Sears is selling it and taking your money, they may or may not actually have this set.

1. In response to CBrandon

Hi there, CBrandon! Thanks for posting. SearsCares and I responded on your forum post looking to help.

Click here to take a look.

Thanks!

• San Jose, CA

Are there any "record" snow blizzards happening up in your area?

I've heard UPS deliveries have been stalled by the storms, causing delays in deliveries.

1. Seeing as there was a time window when the delivery was promised and not just the promise of delivery by a certain date, I seriously doubt that this was a UPS, USPS, FedEX or other shipping company problem. I have to assume it was the delivery of a large piece of merchandise (appliance, exercise equipment, lawn tractor, furniture).

• San Jose, CA

Umm... If the rain or sleet folks and other package delivery services are being stalled by really bad weather, wouldn't the inter-warehouse delivery trucks and the installation trucks face similar "challenges"?

I believe the delivery schedules will start straightening out almost EXACTLY around the time the storms start to ebb, or move out of the area of the various truck routes necessary to make the local deliveries possible.

The good news is that the extra time can be used to ensure there is a completely clear path to remove the old items and bring in and install the new ones.

2. T.Terzo – We apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your delivery. I can understand how important it is to receive your merchandise during the scheduled time frame. We would like to connect you with a dedicated senior case manager who can research and provide a resolution in a timely manner. Please send us the following information – contact # with screen name (T.Terzo) phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com Thanks, Mario

Thank you,

Mario G.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

3. Hi T.Terzo! This sounds incredibly frustrating! I am so sorry that you have yet to receive your promised order. A SearsCares team member will be by right on this thread shortly to follow up on your order for you and do what they can to keep you as a customer.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I've run into the same problems with horrible delivery communications. My situation began with my first order. I ordered an oven online at Sears Outlet and paid with Paypal . Sears took the order,money and confirmed the purchase 2 days latter I received an email stating the oven was already sold!! (why would you take the money if it was already sold???) It then took 6 business days to get my money back. I was told the web site was not updated in real time That I should call to see if the item was still available next time. GREAT

THIS IS INFORMATION THAT SHOULD BE GIVEN ON THE WEB PAGE!!
      So thinking this was just a fluke I found another oven. I checked to see if it was In stock and asked about the condition. Everything checked out and I ordered the oven. Set up the delivery date. Was told that they would call the day of delivery when they were close by. They called the day before to confirm that I was going to be there.They called the morning of the delivery with a time range of 2:00 to 4:45. Feeling confident that everything was good I pulled my old oven out.

At 3:30 I called to check the status. Was told everything was good.
      5:00 I called . I was told they were running a little behind. I said Ok I understand
      6:30 I called and was told that the oven was taken off the truck that morning because it was damaged.
      REALLY I wasted 4 hours waiting and now I have a hole in my wall !!!!
      and no oven!
      this was on a fri the cust rep. told me that they would call 1st thing mon
      to correct this. Monday came no call so I call at 9:00 and was told that they were trying to find me another oven They would call me that after noon. NO CALL. Had to call them. They said they were still looking would call me in the morning.

Tue. NO CALL , I called them ,They said It was being handled by mgr. a Mr. Patton We put a note on his door to call you! there still trying to find an oven ( WOW Note on his door is there way of communicating)

no one has any answers If anyone reads this that works for sears that wants to help please !!!!

Please show me that SEARS doen't suck as bad as I am thinking it does!

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi ellisvan! I am just so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having getting an oven delivered. Please check back right here soon for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will do what they can to get this resolved for you.

Hang in there and check back soon for a response!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear ellisvan, we apologize for the frustrations and the delay you have encountered with the delivery of your oven and the poor customer service rendered. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look into this for you and assist with getting this taken care of. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ellisvan), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks,
      Edwin C.
      MySears Community Moderator

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear ellisvan, we apologize for the frustrations and the delay you have encountered with the delivery of your oven and the poor customer service rendered. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look into this for you and assist with getting this taken care of. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ellisvan), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to hearing for you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.
      MySears Community Moderator

See More