Question

A Sears Tech came to my home and through his ineptness flooded my basement

Sears insurance co (sedgewick) paid for the damages, but the washer was never fixed, how do I get a refund?

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Did your use of the description of "inept" find its way to the technician or the Service Center?

Funny thing. If you're being insulted, the progress in repairing an item slows dramatically down.

Or, if the repair environment is somehow tainted, service does not generally get rescheduled, until the environmental defect is repaired.

I once had SIX repair orders cancelled, when the technician for the first order discovered I had no easy access to a "sink" to drain water out of the machines being tested.

You might need to have Service place a note that your basement is now "dry" and that any cause of the initial flooding (no matter who was at fault) has been corrected, in your machine's file.

Good luck.

1. JoeCrowthers,

We apologize for any additional stress and frustration you encountered due to this matter. We understand it is most inconvenient without a working washer in the home and are very sorry to learn the repair was never completed. We would like to speak with you in regards to this and discuss the options available to you.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (JoeCrowthers) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi JoeCrowthers! Welcome to the MySears Community. I have sent your inquiry along to the SearsCares team. They should be able to help with this. Check back on this thread soon for a reply.

See More