Question

A service tech came out on 1/23 for a whirlpool refrigerator. He said it was a bad circuit board. He went to another tech’s location to get a refurbished circuit board. Didn’t work. So he ordered a board, would arrive by Saturday 1/25. Received a phone on 1/25 will be shipped and received by Monday 1/27. Nothing. On 1/28 received a phone from a Lucy, who left a phone #800 469 4663 and did not leave which prompts to hit. Lucy stated that the part was back ordered from the manufacturer and would not be shipped until March 28. I finally got through to a customer service person that was trying to think of anyway to help. He could not get through to the appliance warranty department, they were closed for the day at 5pm PST. Closed for the day at 5pm PST when people on the west coast are getting home from work. 1/29 I called the warranty department and I was told that I would have to wait and see if the part would come in on March 28 or that I could purchase a small refrigerator and make room in my house for it or rent a refrigerator that someone else has had. That’s Sears’ customer insurance warranty on their appliances. I asked if I could get an allowance for my current refrigerator and purchase another refrigerator and have to put money out of my own pocket and the warranty department said no. That’s not how the Sears appliance insurance warranty’s work. I have to wait until March 28 to see if the part comes from the manufacturer. Then the warranty department supervisor tells me that he will create a case with the parts department. I asked how long do they have to do their research and get back to me with a status. I was told there is no time limit. So in the meantime I have a refrigerator that I purchase insurance on, does not work properly, Sears does not have parts, Sears stated that the manufacturer does not have parts, and that there is no time limit on how long they have to get back to me with status on a part. I have to agree with all the other posted complaints about Sears. And I don’t want to hear “I understand” or “I’m sorry for the inconvenience”. How are you going to solve my problem.

Answers

2 answers

1. Helol sunnysocal,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. You have come to the right place. I can see that we have caused some aggravation with the process that has taken place thus far with the repair on your refrigerator. We would like to partner up with our service team to help with monitoring the repair which will minimize any additional frustration moving forward. At your soonest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (sunnysocal), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, sunnysocal! Thanks for posting on MySears today! I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your fridge and getting it repaired properly. The SearsCares team will be by shortly to work with you directly to help get this straightened out.

I will be sure to send you an email letting you know once they respond.

Thanks!