Question

After an extensive web search I can’t seem to find any email contacts for Sears Holding Corp. contacts thru customer service appear to go straight to a third world country who won’t transfer calls to anyone in the US or even give a caller a supervisor when requested. We bought a whirlpool duet steam washer thru Sears.com on the 28th. At the time of order it was promised for before noon Monday dec 31, although the order taker apparently didn’t bother putting that on the order. When the machine eventually got here, it was installed and DID NOT WORK. The installers had to call in…they have to deal with aforementioned 3rd world country as well…she wanted to send a technician late this week. She wanted them to take the washer back with them (they’d already loaded the old washer and their truck was full). I spoke to her again and insisted I wanted a new washer that worked! She thought maybe we could get one later this week. She stonewalled us for – half hour, refused to transfer to the US or give us a supervisor. My husband meanwhile was contacting our local store, hoping to find someone who could help with this fiasco and the manager there couldn’t even find a record of our transaction but offered a refurbished machine! NoNoNo! Later that afternoon, we heard from the manager of the delivery company (a Sears contractor) who has managed to arrange for a new machine to be delivered on Thursday. Thank goodness for him! The fact is tho that I will have to take ANOTHER day off work for the delivery and the frustration level is immense. We’ve been loyal Sears customers for 30 years!

Answers

4 answers

1. Terrystanley, My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for the troubles you have encountered with your washer. I can understand how upsetting to purchase a washer and it is not working properly. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone the washer were purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your (MySears) screen name (Terrystanley) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. MySears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi terry, I can understand your distress since your laundry is piling up. The only thought I can add is that maybe the electric outlet is the problem. If your last washer stopped working and the new didn't work either it may be the circuit breaker or electrical wire, just a thought. Good luck.

1. In response to madgolfer

And welcome to the fourth world country. Just plug a lamp in the outlet to test for power.

3. Terrystanley, I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience receiving your new washer. I recently just purchased new appliances and I would have been upset if I had the problems you faced. Thank you for letting us know your experience as we are always striving to be the best and when something doesn't go right, we want to know so we can see what happened to help prevent things like this happening in the future. Please check back on this thread shortly as one of our SearsCares team members would like to speak with you.