Question

After paying over $600 for a service plan on our range, refrigerator and freezer, we need service and are told that they don’t care if we do have a freezer full of meat, they cannot come out to repair our freezer for almost a week. I don’t think we will be buying any more Sears products. We bought every appliance in the house from Sears because of the extended protection plan on them. Now that we know they don’t or won’t schedule emergency repairs when needed, we will begin buying from Lowe’s or a local appliance store. I can understand a range or dishwasher, even a washer or dryer, but a refrigerator or freezer is different. If the rest of the controls go out, Sears is going to have to replace our freezer and all the meat (mostly t-bones and rib-eye steaks) which will cost more than the $600 that it cost for the warranty plan. Oh, yes, they definitely won’t transfer us to a supervisor — because the people who answer the phones are overseas (heavy accents we cannot understand) and work out of their homes so there are no supervisors. Sorry Sears, you just lost a long-time customer (over 40 years).

Answers

2 answers

1. nomoresears--,

Thank you for taking time to inform us about your recent experience with trying to set service for your refrigerator. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to look into this matter and have a case manager address any concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refirgerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (nomoresears--), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Kurt M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, nomoresears--! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear the time to fix your freezer does not meet your expectations. I would like to escalate your complaint to the SearsCares team. They can look into this for you and do what they can to assist.

A team member will be by shortly to help. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

See More