Question

Alintech Selling Pirated Software on Sears.com

Order 534590945

I received a pirated version of Microsoft Office 2010 after placing the order on sears.com even after numerous customer complaints. Alintech is still selling pirated software and Sears is allowing it. Why?

I have made a complaint with Microsoft, PayPal and Sears. Sears needs to deal with this marketplace vender.

Answers

8 answers

1. You are most lucky if you received your funds back. I thought I was buying software from Sears. The debit to my account said Sears but it was shipped by Alintech. I wanted a 2010 Office program with a disk. I never could get the generic disk to work as instructed on the instruction sheet. It did not work and I could not understand why it instructed me to use a generic disk rather than the package disk until I finally called Microsoft and found this program is a developers copy and there are no licenses owned by Alintech. I did call Sears but the extent of their help was a phone number and a good email address since the one I had sent a message on Paypal had never received a response. I did go ahead and install but 30 days later, it quite working just like a trial copy. I have gotten the run around from Paypal (out of their 45 days from payment), Sears (Market Vendor and they have their own policy and Alintech. I finally went to Costco and bought me a copy knowing they guaranteed their products for a year. Installed it so I could get my work done which was piling up (I work from home for Attorneys) and now with the good email have asked for a refund but Alintech wants me to take back my copy of the good program and they will walk me through installation of the fake program. I should have realized this was a fake when it said I could put it on as may computers as I wanted. Microsoft is not that giving. My order was 525810825 and if I could get my money back, I could put it toward my Costco purchase. Never buy anything big from Paypal. If I had used my American Express and notified them I had received pirated software, they would have reversed the charges in a New York Second. BL1966

1. In response to BL1966

Welcome, BL1966! Thanks for sharing your experience with the MySears Community today. I am so sorry to hear your order with Alintech did not meet your expectations. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team, if you would like. They will be happy to look into this further for you and make sure you are taken care of.

Check back here in a bit for a response from a team member. Someone will reach out looking to help shortly.

Thanks!

2. In response to BL1966

Why did you wait so long to file a dispute through Paypal? If you would of done it sooner Paypal would of taken care of it. Next time just file through Paypal and send all emails through Paypal that way they have copies of everything that is said. I just had a dispute and Paypal was great!

3. In response to BL1966

Dear BL1966, We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. We understand your frustration in this situation and would be more than happy to speak to you further on what has transpired and offer our assistance to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (BL1966) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.
      Thank you,
      Dianne D.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

4. In response to BL1966

I had precisely the same situation, and American Express was no help at all because Alintech just lied to them and said I had never requested a refund. Sears sounds helpful the first time you call but after that they tell you it is outside the 30 day return policy. It took 3 weeks to hear from AE that they wouldn't be able to reverse the charge. Sears has completely lost my trust. I suppose they don't care since they are circling the drain.

2. Dear Tjernagel,

We are sincerely sorry for trouble that you have encountered with your online purchase. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I will pass the feedback that has been provided onto our online team for further review and investigation. We would like to speak with you as well, to ensure that your issue is taken care of and any additional information that is needed can be provided. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Tjernagel), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Tjernagel! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear that you have not received the product you ordered. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team to discuss this further. Check back right here in a bit. They will respond soon to help.

I will also be sure to pass your feedback along to the Marketplace team so they can address your concerns, as well.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you MistyH/JulieK,

I have sent the email with my contact information. Since my posting I was refunded. I knew if Sears would not protect my investment PayPal would. I have posted this video on YouTube if you care to see what I received. I filmed the entire event from opening the box to calling Sears Customer Care. The video can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDNQZoMuY4

I did clip up some of the video so it would be bearable to watch. I do hope someone with Sears watches it so you too can see just what YOUR marketplace vender is sending YOUR customers.

Although I do not have anything personally against Alintech, I do have a lot against venders like them that are selling pirated software, and even more so when they are the proud Sears name to promote and profit from their theft.

I have sent the package to Microsoft and reported the piracy event. Sears should pull their agreement with this marketplace vender to sell on Sears.com.