Question

ANOTHER NIGHTMARE AT SEARS – We fixed the problem by calling the corporate office. At least someone there was willing to help after going through a number of different people. But through this nightmare we went in to another equally frustrating Sears nightmare. A man named Mike said he would send my wife a $50 gift card for her troubles. My wife has been sick for a number of years and ended up in the hospital ICU for a week. When she was released, the hospital had lost her clothing, receiving the gift card in an email we brought the printed out gift card to the store so she could replace her lost clothing. AFTER OVER AND HOUR AND MORE THAN 6 PEOPLE, INCLUDING A STORE MANAGER we were told the card was no good and they couldn’t get it to work. And this was suppose to be from the corporate office. Made to feel like a criminal and wasting over an hour we will never shop at a Sears again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Did the store try applying the corporate generated virtual gift card using a register, an iPad or one of them little iHeld devices?

Each machine takes a slightly different view of the merchandise, Reward Points and possibly the gift cards (including virtual ones).

Was that Gift Card a Sears gift card?

Sometimes the general gift cards "do not compute" at the Sears stores.

1. Dear AlbertP, My name is Dianne and Iā€™m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I see that we also reached out to you and offered our assistance on another web site. We are terribly sorry for the experience you had using your gift card at your local store. From your post we can certainly understand why you would be upset and would like to help. At your convenience please send the following information ā€“ contact #, screen name (AlbertP) phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com ā€“ We look forward to speaking to you.

Thank you,

Dianne D.

Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi AlbertP! I am so sorry to hear that gift card did not work for you! Especially during a time when you really needed it. I have sent this along to your case manager over at SearsCares. Look to hear from someone today to get this straightened out.

Thanks!