Question

Bad customer service anyone?

I was granted an exchange after the receipt had expired for a washer and dryer set that cost 3200. The appliances didn’t work properly so I went ahead and picked a different set that was 2400. They processed the exchange but didn’t want to refund me the difference in price, I believe that is called stealing! After purchasing from sears for years now I will never purchase from them again! I spent hours on the phone in the timespan of two weeks with these people to get no where. Share your bad experiences plz…

Answers

10 answers

1. Apologies, apologies! It would be nice to stop with the empty apologies and offer some solutions. Stand by your word, Darn it! Everyone keeps repeating the same thing like I'm ********! I get it what I don't get it the crappy service! Sears should really check themselves out, they have been in the top ten worst customer satisfaction list since 2006! Great job sears, great job!

• San Jose, CA

I am getting confused here.

Was a Service appointment to evaluate the problem with either the washer or the dryer?

The Service folks are normally almost Bull Dogish about attempting to "repair" equipment.

If the receipt was out-dated for a store return, you had the Protection Agreements to schedule free Service Appointments for either of the machines.

What prompted a return?

Please post the long model numbers of the two machines in question?

• San Jose, CA

The return period had expired?

And, you're still getting a swap-out?

Did you have a Protection Agreement paid for on the machines?

I'm not getting a sense of stealing, here.

1. Yes, I did have a protection agreement on both washer and dryer. I would not expect what was not promised to me. During the initial call to customer solutions I was told the refund would be applied to my sears credit card and my information was taken. If you go to lets say walmart and return an item for one of lesser value, you will get refunded for the difference or at least a store credit will be issued. They do not keep the money because you are not receiving an item worth that amount which is stealing(or if you want to call it keeping) the remaining amount of money. If a refund was denied in the first place I would not have been dealing with these people for two weeks and would have just swapped the washer an dryer that do not work for another set that probably will not work. Sears needs to stand by their associates promises and their faulty products.

2. Hi Lis2013,

Please keep us posted once you contact the SearsCares team (SHC-DavidW) below on your process of getting this issue resolved for they will help make this right for you.

Thank you!

2. I am in the process of an exchange and was told that I could get any model I wanted but if it was a lesser price there wouldn't be a refund of a price difference. I could exchange for the same model or if I wanted a higher priced item I would have to pay the difference. They should have told you in the beginning exactly what I was told or you should get a refund of the difference. I would demand to return the items and upgrade to the value that you paid.

1. In response to MartySalazar

I cancelled the exchange and will be purchasing a different set from a small family owned appliance store. I definitely agree that they should have spoken with their terms from the beginning and not until the order was processed. They had claimed to refund for the difference for customer satisfaction so I was not expecting them to keep the difference. I will feel much better once these faulty appliances are put of my home and I can forget this whole experience. Good luck with your exchange :).

3. Lis2013,

We apologize for the trouble you experienced with your washer and dryer set. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lis2013) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

Update: I was contacted on Sat, Aug 10, 2013. Basically it's the same story, nothing was changed. The 50% difference refund was canceled as well as the order. I've lost all trust in Sears and am afraid to chose another item from them.

4. Hi Lis2013,

We thank you for reaching out and sharing your exchange experience with us in the MySears Community!

I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares team to see if they can help in providing additional options in making this right for you. I know that this type of situation can be quite frustrating having first a set of appliances that did not function properly and now to feel like you are being taken advantage of during you exchange.

Once our team responds they will be requesting additional information from you, once received, a dedicated case manager will be assigned to help in resolving this matter. This will help to take out talking with numerous people and getting the help you need with one person.

Please check back periodically for a response!

Thank you!