Question

bad service

After replacement of 4 tires by my 2007 Murano in Sears Auto Center in Hackensack NJ, at 11/22/2013, / see ref.num. WO6411134/, next day I found that pressure in one tire /back, right / goes down.
At December 02/2013 I returned to Auto Center to fix problem. The manager explained to me that the valve TPMS sensor is broken and has to be replaced / see invoice # 446104 from 12/02/ 2013/.
I understood, I shouldn’t to pay for installation of the new valve, as a result of replacement of the tire.
Old valve TPMS worked normally since January 2008, when I bought a car.

My question: Why you charge me for this valve ? Your manager Phil couldn’t explain it.
I was forced to pay $67.40 to receive the car’s keys.

Please, check this case and return me $67.40.

Answers

3 answers

1. The TPMS valve assembly is very easy to damage when mounting and dismounting tires. Sadly Sears apparently did not take care when mounting your tires, and caused damage. They then denied any responsibility and charged you to replace the valve that they damaged.

If you do not get a refund, a complaint to the state consumer protection agency or small claims court would be good options.

2. EugeneT,
    We’re sorry that your auto center experience did not meet your expectations. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager discuss your experience and assist you in speaking with the auto center manager regarding your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (EugeneT) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi EugeneT,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they can look into this issue for you. Once they receive your contact information you will be working with a dedicated case manager until resolved.

Please know I will be contacting you by email once a response has posted to help in directing you back to your original thread for further contact.

Your concerns are very important to us and we thank you for reaching out!