Question

Bought a dryer online and paid for it along with the installation fee on Jan 20. Got a call 4 days later to find out that the state I live in there is no charge for installation. Apparently the web site is not built to handle that. Normally, this would be good news. Sears emailed to say they credited my Arden and were going to reprocess to Remove the 150 installation fee so of course I said sure. Next thing I see on my credit card are 2 charges for the dryer. It is now 2 weeks later, and after emails and calls still no credit. I have now paid double for a dryer. What a scam, I am thinking of filing a police report for fraud. But first I guess I have to call my bank to dispute the charges. I will never buy another thing from sears and I will definitely ask friend and family not to either

Answers

3 answers

1. Dianelee60,

Thank you for sending us your contact information. We will have a case manager contact you as one becomes available.

Thank you

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Dianelee60,
    Thank you for the information that you have provided us regarding the charges for your dryer. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the issues that you have been having related to the charges. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you to discuss this matter with you. After getting some more details, our case manager would then determine the best course of action to ensure that any incorrect charges are refunded to you as quickly as possible. At your earliest convenience, please email the following information – contact phone number, your screen name (Dianelee60) and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.
    Thank you

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi Dianelee60,

We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I am so sorry that you had been charged additional charges and not been able to get this issue resolved while reaching out for assistance. Your concerns are very important to us and I have escalated to our Sears Cares team to assist you further.

Once a member from this team responds and receives your contact information, a dedicated case manager will be working with you further on getting all your concerns resolved.

I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for contact once a response has posted.

We appreciate you reaching out!

See More