Question

Bought Kenmore elite washer and dryer on Thanksgiving night 2013. Units were delivered 1 1/2 weeks later, washer had two dents in front and dryer had two dents in top, they delivered more three days later. Washer drips water in tub every 30 sec., waited till after holidays to call for service, took 2 1/2 weeks to get appoinment. Service writer took cell phone number so tech could call me when he was in route so I could be at the house when he arrived. Orginal service writer told me appointment would be at 4 pm, an e-mail a day later said the time window would be between 1 and 5 pm. After not receiving a cell call by 3 pm I went home from work, arriving at 3:20 and found a note on the door stating tech had been there at 2:58. Called Service dept. and they stated I would have to make new appointmet, this was not satisfactory as to my Boss is tired of letting me off because of this washer and dryer and I and tired of loosing pay because of it. Gave up and counciled all appoinments and called the store Manager where I bought the units and he said he would get a new washer out in two days, we’ll see, hope it happens. Buyer beware, this has really been a hassel and it is not over yet. Been a loyal customer of Sears since 1973 but things have changed with there service end apperently, hope the mananger does wht he says. Rodney E. Grimes

Answers

2 answers

1. Hi there, rgbr549! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry that you have had such a hard time with your new washer and dryer. Sounds like to store manager has taken good care of you!

Let us know how the new delivery goes!

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Yes, the store manager took care of my problems. I hope and pray that I do not ever have to call for warranty service again, all you can get when you call is foreigners and they are very hard to understand and God help if you need it repaired before 2 1/2 weeks. Buyer beware, the people at the store are very good to work with but there service end sucks.
      Rodney Grimes

See More