Answers

4 answers

1. Hi Casey thanks for starting this thread. A thump- thump noise is normal on new treadmills until the belt smooths out, maybe in the first hour. A squeal is not normal, call service as suggested.

2. You may want to check the belt tensioners. One may be too tight. Also, the belt and walking board use a lubricant to keep them moving smoothly. It may not have been applied entirely correctly, so part of your belt may not be lubricated. Of course, any real diagnosis will require a technician to see and hear the treadmill while it's operating. If you call 800 469 4663, a Sears technician can come to your home and figure out what the issue is. Good luck!

3. Hi caseyfurge!

Thank you for stopping in to our MySears Community and posting your question.

I am sorry to hear that you are hearing a squeal once you first try out your machine.

Have you tried calling 1-800-295-4809? You can even go to Sole-f60-treadmill and click on Guides and Policies. This will take you to a page where you can "click to chat" or call the number above.

Please let us know how this works out for you and if they were able to help resolve the squeaking noise.

Thank you! ;)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi,

I also bought an F60 Sole treadmill in Nov 2012. It was fine for a while but then this squeaking started that got worse the more it was used. I applied the lubricant that was provided but that did not help. I found a loose bolt under the deck that was part of what came pre-assembled but the location did not allow it to be tightened completely. The squeaking went away for a week and now is back.

See More