Question

BUYER BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM SEARS.COM – YOU MAY NOT BE PURCHASING FROM SEARS BUT INSTEAD FROM A THIRD PARTY SELLER WHO DOES NOT HAVE SEAR\\\’S REPUTATION. THERE IS NO SUCH PERSON AS Imran Jooma SVP & President, Marketing, WHOSE NAME APPEARS ON THE ORDER CONFIRMATION. WATCH OUT!!!!

I thought I was buying something from Sears but it was a company called ThinkFastToys that had no relation to Sears. They charged twice as much as what KMart charged (I found out the day after my order) and neither they nor Sears gives a …. about making that right. Jy order confirmation came from Imran Jooma, supposedly SVP & President of Marketing, but when I attempted to contact him I get replies from numerous people in Customer Service. Never order from THINKFAST TOYS, and be very careful if you are ordering from SEARS.COM.

Answers

9 answers

1. I recently made an order for a couple of pairs of boots that said sold by sears.com. Unfortunately they didn't fit right and when I tried to go through the return process I found out the hard way that the item was actually fulfilled by a third party and couldn't be returned to my local sears store. Calling customer service was no help. The CSRs don't understand English and don't know much. I tried emailing customer service and got various responses. From not being able to return to the store and having to mail it back at my expense to "the information earlier received was incorrect and that it could be returned to the store". I'm not going to waste my time going to the store and then being told that it has to be mailed back. I found the original order email and it was signed Best regards,
    Imran Jooma
    EVP & President, Marketing and Online
    Imran@customerservice.sears.com

I'm glad I found your post and won't waste my time emailing Imram Jooma for help.

When placing orders on sears.com make sure it says sold by sears and fulfilled by sears. Otherwise you probably won't be able to return the item to your local sears store and will be stuck with paying for return shipping. It doesn't say anywhere on the item page that it can't be returned to the store.

Buyer Beware!!

2. Hmmm,
    interesting.

It appears that 11 months later, Imran Jooma is still employed by Sears. Wink, Wink.
    I received an email order confirmation with that name listed as a SVP of Sears.
    Bad, BAD business practice. This is the kind of thing that makes individuals stop participating with companies. It is not good business practice to indicate someone (as in this Jan 2, 2013 comment above and in my original email) who does not exist or no longer works there.

This week, an incorrect item was sent to me and I was making a comment / request about how to go about switching the item - I also included this Jooma character.

This, for me, is now becoming a matter of questionable business practices employed by Sears and my future shopping with them.

P
    MBA MSc

1. In response to patrick642

Hmmmmm, again!!!

I used, or rather, I attempted to use that sears email that was supplied by the individual:
      "smadvisor@searsh.com"
      but, guess what - it bounced back as a bad email address.
      After looking around, I see there is another version of that email, this time as:
      "smadvisor@searhc.com"

Folks, I'm not sure if any of you should be ordering from sears online if this is the kind of pain and run around you have to go through, but it looks like I'm going to re-considering ever going to Sears again.
      These are just my thoughts on the topic.
      P

3. The same thing happened to me when I purchased a humidifier online! I felt the same way that you do. I purchased online at Sears.com, used my sears credit card and foolishly thought I was ordering from Sears. The problems started when it stopped working after 2 weeks, and I had to send it back to the company in California, at MY expense, instead of returning it to my local Sears! I posted a message on this site, and after forwarding them my personal information, was contacted by someone from corporate on the phone, and as always the situation was remedied immediately. I was sent a gift card to cover the the FULL COST of my purchase (plus the shipping cost). Lesson learned....never order anything unless it says that it is coming directly from Sears! Good luck, Liz

1. In response to grapesoda

I have placed the SAME order on a comforter set TWICE and got it filled incomplete TWICE. Every time I call the sears number, I get the same response, "return and reorder". Both times they sent me the incomplete order (with the same items). I don't want to return it and reorder (already did this and got the same thing!). I want the REST of my order. I sent an email to the Jooma person - HA! I wish I had his salary to ignore emails! I'm still waiting on my order to get completed. I won't be ordering from Sears again. This is for the birds!

And I STILL want my complete comforter set that I paid for!

2. In response to grapesoda

Hi there, tamlusk! Thanks for sharing your experience with us today. A SearsCares team member will visit shortly looking to help. They will be able to get your order straightened out for you.

As soon as they post a response, I will be send you an email to let you know.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

3. In response to grapesoda

Hello tamlusk!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter. We can truly understand your frustrations with waiting to receive your complete order. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and assist with your order concersn. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (tamlusk), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      MySears Community Moderator

4. LBG,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares Team. After reading your post I can see why you would be upset and I'm sorry if there was any confusion as to who you were purchasing from when using our site. If you are in need of assistance, we're here to help. You can contact us by email at SMAdvisor@searsh.com. In your email, please be sure to include your preferred contact number as well as your screen name (LBG) so we can reference your post. Again, we're sorry for any frustration we've caused and we look forward to assisting you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

5. Hi LBG,

I am very sorry to hear of this issue and we thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about your recent shopping experience.

Please check back to this thread shortly for a reply from our SearsCares team member. They will do what they can to help.

Thank you!

See More