Question

Called Sears 4weeks (yes 4 weeks !), about a washing machine that was not working. Despite purchasing the extended warranty – they still cannot fix it!

Answers

3 answers

1. Called Sears 4weeks (yes 4 weeks !), about a washing machine that was not working. Despite purchasing the extended warranty - they still cannot fix it!

I called the 800 4 my home, was told that they cannot help me because they are not the local fix it folks “just it help”. The technician came, brought the wrong part. Told us they had to order a new part, it would be a couple days. A week later, I call - oh, it was on backorder for 2 weeks at best. Why didn’t anyone call to tell us? When I posed this question the answer was “well you could have called us”. Really?!

After expressing my discontent they gave me the number to the local dispatch for repairs. I called them 4 times before anyone ever answered the phone. It would ring for 10 minutes and then disconnect. Once I finally got through to a surly representative, she informed me that the repair folks were too busy to get to us any sooner. She told me that she didn’t know why I was so upset and that “if it was her, she wouldn’t be so upset”. Really - after 4 weeks without a washing machine and a warranty I paid for, I shouldn’t be upset? Phenomenal customer service friendly answer. She then told me she would see if they could get someone out sooner and would call back after her lunch break. 24 hours+ no call back (I’d love to work somewhere with a 24+ hr lunch break) So I called again. Asked to speak with the manager. First I was told that I could not speak to a manager, after insisting, told she was at lunch. Also told that they would take a message and have her call me back. Again, it’s been more than 24 hours - no call, surprising?!

At my wits end I drive to Sears store where I purchased the machine that they were happy to sell me. But ironically not so happy to help when I explained my situation. Was told I should “be patient and cross my fingers“. Did I mention we are entering week 5 without a washing machine, and a house full of kids - I believe I have exceeded patient. The alleged manager of the appliance section offers to send on email to an “Escalate Team” she crafts it while I stand there and said they would get in touch with me within 6 hours. It’s been 24+, no call, surprising?! This situation is so ridiculous that the appliance manager agreed with me and said it was “stupid” all of which I have recorded on my phone voice recorder. So here we are today - no call back from anyone. A washing machine that does not work, a warranty that would help should anything go wrong, hours spent trying to get help - still nothing…wow.

1. In response to 4weeksNoWasher

Hi there, 4weeksNoWasher! Welcome to MySears! I am glad you found us! We can make sure you are in touch with someone to get that washer repaired. A SearsCares team member will reach out soon to assist.

Please check back right here for their response in a bit. Thanks!

2. In response to 4weeksNoWasher

Dear 4weeksNoWasher,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the level of customer service rendered and how it was handled in reference to the repair of your washer. We would like to speak to you and offer our assistance to make sure this matter is handled properly and taken care of in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (4weeksNoWasher), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.
      MySears Community Moderator