Question

Can anyone give me a contact for someone at Sears that can get me off their email lists? I’ve talked to 4 different customer service people and I’m still getting a crazy amount of email from them. I’ve reported them to the FCC (CANSPAM violation, anyone?), and I’m considering filing a cyberharassement lawsuit. (ps – this email address is not a real email address. I will never give my email address to them again.)

Getting real tired of this, Sears.

Answers

8 answers

1. Your best bet is to put them on spam and never do business with then again.................

1. In response to blazer4usa

True, but their emails are getting through my spam filter somehow. Plus, I had assumed that Sears was a legit organization that would stop emailing when asked. There are laws for/about this.

Browsing these forums, it seems Sears does this a lot - a very large disrespect for the FCC CANSPAM act. Has anyone considered teaming up into a class action lawsuit?

2. Hi thisisnotreal! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today! I am sorry you are still receiving those emails. Before we go further, I just want to double check: have you changed your contact preferences on your Sears.com account? These are the steps to do so, if you haven't.

• Click on your name on the upper right hand side of the screen
    • Click "My Profile"
    • Click "Contact Preferences"

When you arrive on the "Contact Preferences" page, you can uncheck any or all boxes you do not want to receive emails from. Don't forget to click the "update" button to ensure your settings are saved.

If you have already done the above, please let us know and we can look into this issue further.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi Sears person - I have never created a login or account on the sears website, so I don't think I can login to the website. All I really need is a contact email address that I can go to to discuss my problem. Thanks.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

That is strange, thisisnotreal! I have sent your complaint along to the SearsCares team. They will reach out on this thread requesting more information so they can look into this for.

Once they post a response, I will send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

That will be tricky, since this isn't a real email address. These are probably the same people I've already been talking with about this issue. The sort of last thing I want is more emails. I just want it to stop.

Regardless, I'll just keep my eye on this forum. Thanks.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

thisisnotreal,

We apologize for the troubles you’re experiencing with the emails you’ve been receiving. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and assist you in addressing this concern for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (thisisnotreal) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Sent - thank you.

See More