Question

Can anything be done to fix my fridge!?

To whom it may concern, I am writing this email because I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the service regarding my Kenmore refrigerator purchased at the Galeria Mall SEARS locations. I am beyond frustrated due to the lack of urgency regarding my situation.

On ________, I called service and reported an issue after I noticed food defrosting in my freezer. A technician came to my house and ‘fixed’ the freezer portion. I was satisfied for a week, upon which time my freezer stopped cooling once again, to the point where it was defrosting entirely, and water was leaking from the bottom of the fridge. I called service yet again, and waited a week for someone to come and check the appliance. The technician came and reported that everything was “fine”…as I stared at soupy ice cream. He left, and the problem only worsened, to the point which the fridge side is getting progressively warmer. I called AGAIN, and was told a technician could come to my house on August 17th to check and fix the fridge. I was ALSO told to not discard the food, so personnel could “gauge the amount of my loss” so I could receive some compensation. I simply DO NOT understand how I am expected to leave spoiled food in what is essentially now a COOLER, in my house, and wait TWO WEEKS, with young children in my house and no way to keep my food safe, for someone to come. I explained to the service rep that the wait was completely unacceptable. She apparently placed me on an emergency wait list, and informed me that someone would call me to let me know my place in the queue. Days later…no call. I called…again…and begged for someone to just come! I was told the absolute soonest someone could arrive is the 12th.

I am a loyal customer, who pays my bill and has no service calls in my record previously. I just want my fridge fixed. It’s been a total of 5 weeks, and my grandson keeps telling his nanna that he is sick of fast food. PLEASE…someone…anyone…just fix my fridge!

Answers

3 answers

1. Hi Gjaghoo,

We are terribly sorry to hear of the unpleasant experience you have encountered with your refrigerator and with the service that has taken place this far. Thank you for bringing information to our attention because it’s truly something that we should be concerned with. We would like to extend our offer of assistance to resolve your refrigerator issue as quickly as possible. At your soonest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Gjaghoo), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and a member from our team will be with you.

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-MistyH

Thank you for your response! The technician is currently at my house (7 days later) I sincerely hope this issue is resolved. I cannot take any more frustration! I will be contacting your team.

2. Welcome, GJaghoo! Thanks so much for posting on the MySears Community today. We appreciate you giving us a chance to help! The SearsCares team will be happy to look into your repair appointment, and do what they can to expedite this for you.

Check back in a bit for a response. They will reach out right here on this thread to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

See More