Question

Cannot get an appointment sooner than 2 weeks for repair

I had a Galaxy stove bought June 28 last year that set off the CO detector over 3 weeks ago. Tech from Sears Home Services came and couldn’t find the problem. The tech made a follow up appointment but the second tech, on the day of the appointment, called and says he does not service Galaxy and hung up.

Being stuck in customer service **** from Sears getting bounced around. They say the best they can do is wait another two weeks for another appointment. Try not cooking for 5 weeks because you are afraid that CO is going to kill you.

Contemplating on filing a lawsuit in small claims just to get them to take this matter seriously. Have a ticket in with customer service KMM28647831V77082L0KM. Need to elevate this to management who can go off script and expedite.

Answers

16 answers

1. Dear medic4152,

We are terribly sorry for the delay with getting service out to your home. Having a working stove is very important for day to day use. We want to look into this situation on your behalf to see how we can help provide a resolution. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (medic4152), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we will be reaching out to address. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-MistyH

Please see the tread below; and you'll see that information you requested has been provided 2 days ago.

2. After all these, finally able to get this escalated. But so far, other than a follow up phone call, it has been inaction.

Sears seems to follow a scripted response and employs the head-in-the-sand approach when dealing with customer who challenges their ineptitude. Probably took a page on customer service out of the same manual for the Federal government.

We'll see, clock is ticking. The longer I wait, the stronger the case I have when we go to trial.

• San Jose, CA

I couldn't find the Galaxy model of stove(s) on the Sears.com site.

Can you post the long model number of your stove?

It might be a simple fix.

1. Model # 60712
      Sears Item # 02260712000

• San Jose, CA

So. You want a general Appliance Technician, who has no experience with Galaxy Appliances, to come out right away?

Do you have a microwave?

They cook and heat up food very efficiently and don't generate any CO gas.

One of those machines would make an excellent supplement to your soon working stove.

Good luck with the service call.

1. My dismay is not WHAT happened, but HOW it happened.

Cancelling the appointment that was made 2 weeks prior at 1:30pm on the day of the appointment (1 and 5 pm); citing that you do not fix that particular oven is irresponsible and deplorable customer service. I had to take a day off from work.

It should not have been a surprise to the Sears tech who cancelled the appointment last minute that it is a Galaxy range since this was a follow up appointment, made by another Sears tech.

For simple liability reasons, I wouldn't touch this stove myself; as I have tenants living in the house.

2. If the customer has a microwave or not has nothing to do with the problem. The idea that a customer should accept the inability to use a product that they spent their hard earned money to purchase for 5 weeks, due to the failure of Sears to provide prompt and correct service is wrong, and comments like yours only serve to reinforce the idea that Sears and their employees care nothing about the customer.

3. So Sears can't fix this? Really? Yep, that's about right!!!
      http://www.searsoutlet.com/30-Freestanding-Gas-Range/d/product_details.jsp?md=ct_md&pid=39816&mode=buyUsedOnly

3. Medic4152, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your stove repair. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (medic4152), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Done. Requested information sent. Can I expect a phone call on Monday?

2. In response to SHC-LizR

Hi medic4152,

Please provide us with an update within a few days if not contacted by a member of our team.

We appreciate you reaching out to us today!

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Phone call was received on Sunday. However, it has been 48 hours since that phone call and I have yet to heard back with an update; other than the offer of the same 2-week wait on the next appointment.

Something needs to be done here. Bump someone else off the list, offer overtime, something.

I am sure the tech who cancelled the initial appointment enjoyed a beautiful afternoon right after the heatwave we've been having.

4. Yikes!

This is extremely scary to have going on in your household medic4152! Five weeks is quite a while to be waiting for this issue to be repaired.

I have escalated to our SearsCares Team so that they can help get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. The SearsCares team will be providing a dedicated case manager for you to help in eliminating multiple contacts.

Please check back periodically for a response for they will be requesting additional information.

Thank you!

5. Case #: 1594782

1. In response to medic4152

Hi,

We appreciate you providing additional information for us this morning for this case number will be extremely helpful.

Thank you!