Question

Changed filter in our 795.5131 side by side refrigerator and now water doesn’t make it past filter emptied it twice to make sure it was getting water there.

Answers

2 answers

1. I'm sorry you are having this problem with the water filter. If the water was working ok before the filter was replaced, this may be a problem with the filter housing assembly, low water pressure or possibly the new filter. Try using the original filter or place the substitute cap back in place. It the water flows with the original filter, it will indicate the new filter will need to be exchanged. If it still won't flow but does with the cap, it would lead to low water pressure. If the water still won't flow, the filter housing may need to be replaced but it could also be a problem with the water valve. Water flows from the filter back to the water valve, where it's separated between the icemaker and the water dispenser. If this valve fails, there will be no water flow. This can be a complicated unit to check and a technician may need to check this. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

2. Hi larbare60! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for including your model number with your question-this is super helpful to get you the most accurate response. Check back soon for a reply from an Appliance Expert. I am sure they will be able to help with your water filter question.