Answers

9 answers

1. Hello snowldy16, the "Clean" light flashing usually indicates a failure with heating circuit or heating element. If the clean LED blinks 7 times and the dishwasher ceases to operate. A heater fault detection program has been added to the electronic control to monitor the operation of the heater. If a temperature rise in the water is not detected during the first 8 minutes of the beginning of the main wash, the dishwasher will shut down.A fault will be indicated if:
    A 2°F increase in the water temperature is not obtained (inlet water temp greater than 90°F) or A 4°F increase in the water temperature is not obtained (inlet water temp less than 90°F).If the correct temperature rise is not detected, the dishwasher will drain and blink the clean light
    7 times to signal to call for service. The detection will be ignored if the temperature is out of its normal range 64 - 160° F or the door is opened during the first 8 minutes of the main wash. This is to prevent a false detection. Possible causes that could keep the water from properly heating:¨ Open in Heating Element circuit (heater, thermostat, or wiring)¨ Neutral side Door Switch not closing (check switch and door latch assembly)
    Note: Neutral side door switch only used for heater circuit ¨ Water not coming in or lack of water (check inlet valve circuit and water pressure)¨ Lack of water circulation (pump motor or restriction in circulation channels)¨ Siphoning of water during fill (check drain hose for proper installation)
    You can reset the "Clean' light flashing by resetting the electronic control by initiating a diagnostic cycle. To reset the control, the service diagnostic cycle must be activated by pressing the following keys respectively:-Heated Dry------Normal------Heated Dry-------Normal and then let the dishwasher run for a 2-3 minutes and then you can press Cancel and let the cancel cycle time out. If this does not work, reply with the model number of your Kenmore dishwasher for model specific information and troubleshooting assistance.

1. In response to SHC-JoeyS

This did the trick. Thank you so much.
      Have a great day!

2. In response to SHC-JoeyS

That's terrific! So glad to hear that worked for you.

Thanks for letting us know!

3. In response to SHC-JoeyS

I have the seven flashing clean light code but I do not a heated dry button on my dishwasher it is a 665-1595300

4. In response to SHC-JoeyS

Hi cdlove!

We appreciate you reaching out for assistance and have forwarded your concerns to our Sears Appliance Experts.

Is your model a Kenmore Elite too?

Once one of our Experts responds I will be reaching out via email providing a link back for contact.

Thank you!

5. In response to SHC-JoeyS

The diagnostic procedure for this model will be one of the following:

HIGH TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY, HIGH TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY
      Or
      SANI RINSE, AIR DRY, SANI RINSE, AIR DRY

If the same problem occurs, a technician will be required to check the unit. In this case, you can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.

6. In response to SHC-JoeyS

Hi, I am having a problem with Kenmore elite model 665-1393. Green Clean light and blue complete light both flash 4 times, then 5 seconds, then blink again. Tech came out and said control panel was fine, found a loose clamp which caused a leak which has been corrected. Washer was then working fine. Now same blinking light sequence but there is no leak. I have tried the Heated Dry--Normal--Heated Dry--Normal buttons - does not help. Float inside is fine, no foam or suds, hot water is good. Very frustrated can someone help ?

7. In response to SHC-JoeyS

Hi, deluc99! Thanks for posting today. The Appliance Expert has responded on your thread.

Click here to view his reply.

Thanks!

2. Hi there, snowldy16! Thanks for your question on MySears today! The Appliance Expert can let you know about that filter. If you could also provide your model number, that will ensure he gives you the most accurate answer.

The Expert will be by in just a bit. Once he posts a reply, I will send you an email to let you know.

Thanks!