Question

Complaint about my refund for order #461036145

I purchased this Fry Pan on 2/3/2013 via online. The original price of the item was $29.99. But there was a discount on it and the final price was $19.99. But when I added it to the cart, the price changed itself to $29.99. I went ahead and ordered it since I trusted Sears to refund the extra amount. I also had $10 in my points. So I redeemed that also. I was charged $21.19($29.99 – $10 points + tax) on my card. But really I should have been charged only $9.99 + tax ($19.99 – $10 points). After placing the order, I immediately contacted Customer care and they acknowledged it was a pricing error and promised they will refund the extra $10 to my card in 3-5 business days after I pick up my order. I picked up my order on Feb 10, 2013 and then I contacted customer care (I knew they would not do it on their own) for the refund. They said it ($10 + $0.60 tax) will be credited in my card in 3-5 business days. Finally I got my refund on Feb 15 for $0.60 and not the whole amount. From that day onwards, I’ve been going back and forth in email with the Customer care for this $10. I checked with my bank and they said they received only $0.60 credit (Transaction number 5485413047004049323496). After repeated emails, On Feb 20th, Sears Customer care said to wait for 3-5 business days. No response thereafter. After i asked again, On Feb 27th they said they forwarded the request to fulfillment center and asked me to wait for another 3-5 days. Then no response. Then on March 7th they said they didn’t receive any response from the fulfillment center and asked me to wait another 3-5 days. Today is Mar 14th. Still no response.

Answers

3 answers

1. Frankx107, I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your online order. I can see how frustrating you may feel with waiting for your refund. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (frank107), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Thank you for your immediate response. I have sent the required information to the email id. Hope I get a solution soon.

2. Hi frankx107! I am so sorry you are having such a hard time getting that refund-it sounds super frustrating! I am sure the SearsCares team will be able to help get this straightened out for you. Please check back on this thread soon-a team member will reach out to help.

See More