Question

• ZGL
    • Saint Petersburg, FL

complaint

I purchased 4 brand new tires for over $500 dollars at Sears on 12/23/12from Sears at Tyrone Square Mall Auto Store. I had a blow out yesterday 5/21/13. I had my car towed to back to Sears, thinking that they would replace the tire due to the tire was only 5 months old. The mechanic pulled out my service paperwork to inform me that because I refused alignment that I had no recourse but to buy not only one tire that blew out on the driver’s side, but that I also needed another new tire for my passenger side as well!!!! If the mechanic had taken the time to explain to me what alignment is and how valuable it is when getting brand new tires, I would have paid the extra money then to get that done. Especially since he knew as a mechanic that I would be back there in a few months if I did not get the alignment!!! I feel helpless and jipped!! The mechanic has given me another quote for everything that needs to be done which he states will cost about $800.00 dollars!!!!! I need all kinds of stuff done, including purchasing 2 more brand new tires!!!! WOW!! Ladies , please don’t get brand new tires without alignment!!!!
Feeling helpless and jipped!!!!

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear ZGL,

We’re sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you have encountered with this experience in reference to your tires. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ZGL) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Thank you,
    Edwin C.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi ZGL! Welcome to MySears! Thanks so much for posting this experience today. We really appreciate hearing your thoughts, as it gives us a chance to make this right for you. Our SearsCares team would like to discuss the issues you had with your tire replacement and do what they can to help. Check back soon right on this thread for their response. Thanks!