Question

Customer Service Received at Optical Department – Landover, Maryland

I went to the Optical Department located at your Landover, Maryland store on last Thursday, August 22nd and received excellent customer service from your associate named Casey G****. She was very pleasant and responded to my questions and concerns and took my order for two pairs of eye glasses. There was a special at the time I placed my order to purchase two pairs of glasses at a reduced price.

Unfortunately, today, Friday, August 30, 2013 the service received by the associate who was in the store on today was appalling. She did not introduce herself, as well as, rushing to prepare the glasses for pick-up and being very short and having no patience with my concerns. There were several other customers and it seemed that she was not able to handle dealing with several customers.

I received a phone call late evening around 7:00 – 7:10 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21st to pick-up my glasses after 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 22nd. I came to the store around 10:15 a.m. on today, Friday, August 30th and the associate working their was not very professional.

I was informed by associate Casey G**** that I could decide to get the insurance on my glasses when I picked them up. The associate on today, Friday, August 30th informed me that I would have to pay insurance for both pairs of glasses. Mind you that should not be the case since both would not break at the same time, also it was not explained to me in that manner by the previous associate that I should pay insurance for both pairs of glasses.

I would very much like to have insurance on my glasses, but since the associate that was working on today was not pleasant and was slightly rude. I did not want to press the issue.

Can you please get back to me about my being able to get insurance for my glasses and to address the poor service received on today, Friday, August 30th.

Thank you for responding and addressing my concerns.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear JPoullard,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry to read about the problems at the optical center and the level of customer service rendered to you. We’d like to talk to you and have one of our dedicated case manager contact you to address your concern and ensure proper resolution. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (JPoullard), your phone # used at time of purchase, and case number to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, JPoullard! Thanks for taking the time to share you experience at your local Sears Optical with us today. I am sorry you were told conflicting information about the insurance on the glasses. We can get you in touch with a SearsCares team member who will be happy to look into this for you and hear your concerns about the service you received.

Check back right here in a bit for a reply from a team member requesting more information so they can be directly in touch.

Thanks!