Question

Customer Solutions Problem

We purchased an Elite Dishwasher from Sears and had it delivered. There was a defect in the wheel adjustment (back of dishwasher for unit height adjustment), but I went ahead and did the full installation anyway geryrigging it. Afterward I talked to Sears and explained the issue and they said it would be better if it were fixed so they arranged a repair technician to come out. I explained that it was already installed and they promised he would uninstall it, fix the wheel problem and then reinstall it just as it originally was. When he arrived he did fix the problem, but then only put it part way back in leaving the right front edge sticking out 1/2 inch further than the left so that it was not flush with the cabinet. I told him that Sears said it would be installed as it was. His response and attitude were incredibly rude, “I’m not an installer. You need to hire a professional”. He was also supposed to help us order missing parts (kick plate). Again, “Not my job”. I said I wanted to talk to Sears as both these things were promised. His response was “Good luck with that!”

I called Customer Care to complain about how rude the tech had been and was immediately told that was unacceptable, and that he would be reprimanded and was offered someone to come out to do a complimentary re-install. I was to receive a call the next morning and someone come that day. Next day, no call and no installer, same thing the following day. So this morning I call back and get transferred from one department to another. Finally after almost 3 hours on the phone I get a Customer Solutions Supervisor who reads the notes from the previous Supervisor, apologizes and arranges an installer to come between 4 pm and 5 pm today. I come home early from work and wait, and wait, and wait. Finally at 6:00 pm I call once more. Again, I talk to a very apologetic Supervisor who reads the same notes and starts transferring me again to arrange the complimentary install. After 30 mins I am transferred to “the department who can arrange it” and when it connects, “Sorry Sears is closed for the day, please call back some other time.”

Again at 7:00 pm I call back to Customer Solutions, apologetic operator, transfers me to someone who can help me. When they get on the line I am hopeful that finally I will get this resolved. HOWEVER, she begins with, “There is no record of anyone ever saying that we would send out someone to do a complimentary install. (Apparently NONE of the different departments databases are accessible to each other as parts of the record are under my wife’s cell # when I talk to one person, but not there with another. Part are under my cell #, but not available for another dept to view) In fact the only record we have is the original install technician who says he repaired the wheels and advised that the dishwasher needed professional installation.” She then accussed me of lying, “You’re just trying get a free installation. We would never promise to do a complimentary re-install”. I asked to speak to a supervisor, answer “There is no one here higher up than me!”

Help, I am going crazy!! How can a company’s customer service be so incredibly inefficient and convoluted? It seems the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. Please help me resolve this issue.

Answers

5 answers

1. Hi BDGooldy!

We appreciate you reaching out to us today and giving us a chance in helping to make this right for you. I understand completely how upsetting this has been for you as well as the treatment you have experienced.

To help you further, I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team. They will do what they can to resolve this issue for you by providing you with a dedicated case manager whom will be your main contact.

Our Sears Cares team will be responding by requesting a little bit more information from you so that they may reach out to further help. Please know that once a response has been posted, I will be contacting you via email letting you know of their post.

Again, we thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us so that we can help in resolving this issue.

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have greatly appreciated the excellent customer care that I have received from you and some of your colleagues. I have felt deeply cared for and served with excellence by them.

However, the overall experience has been almost schizophrenic as the other Sears representatives' service has been as bad as yours has been good.

I look forward to a quick resolution on this issue. Please let me know who to contact with the additional information that you may need. Thanks again!

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi BDGooldy!

We too look forward in helping you to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Once our Sears Cares team responds we will know what information they will be needing for further contact.

We will keep you posted once a response is provided!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

The craziness continues! i received a call this morning from Sears to "Confirm" my appointment for YESTERDAY to have the dishwasher re-installed???

I pointed this out to the agent and she put me on hold coming back to say that now the earliest appointment available would be next Thursday. Not ideal, esp as it has now been close to two weeks without a dishwasher, but at least Sears is finally going to fix the situation and get it re-installed. Or so I thought.....

I had her annotate the account and make sure that it was noted for a re-install, got a case # and asked for the name of the authorizing supervisor that originally arranged the appointment. I wanted to make sure I didn't have another experience of the technician arriving and saying, "That's not my job." After being on and off hold for 40 min she finally comes back and says, "Sorry I need to transfer you to Customer Solutions and you need to start over as we don't have access to their records." CRAZY!!!

I am now up to over 5 hours on the phone being transferred from one department to another, none of which can communicate with the other and none of which apparently are able to actually solve Customer Service problems. Sorry for the rant, but my head is about to explode.

Please contact me as soon as possible and help me get off this crazy merry-go-round!

Thank you!

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

BDGooldy,
      We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with your recent dishwasher service. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager discuss this situation with you and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (BDGooldy) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator