Question

damaged on delivery

When my treadmill was delivered, they had a rough time. They tried to get it through the door without taking off the screen, which didn’t work. After wrestling with it and putting it down in not so great positions to rest while trying to figure it out, there was damage. I’m not concerned about the scratches, but the wheel is bent and won’t roll. The machine was put down in a way where it rested on the wheel, and it bent. We didn’t now this until we tried to roll it and it wouldn’t roll. It put a deep groove into our wood floor, when needs repaired now since we rent the house. The machine did roll when we looked at it, when the guy came down to take it off display, and when it was taken off the truck here. The wheel is bent now and won’t roll. Will you repair my floor?

Thank you

Answers

5 answers

1. Delivery is not supposed to set-up fitness equipment unless you have the proper fitness mat, in this case, it was the failure of the delivery team to follow company policy.

1. In response to Civsci

I believe that shoud you carefully read the original post there is no mention of 'setting it up'. The poster does say that whilst they were 'trying to get it in' there was damage. Now the poster does not say if this was to the house and/or the fitness equipment. What the poster does say is that 'they' (the delivery team) put it down in such a way as it rested on one wheel and that the subject wheel is now bent and will not roll. The poster also says that the damage to the floor occurred when 'we' [in this case I understand the 'we' to refer to the poster and some friend(s) and/or relative(s)] tried to move the equipment. Now although you may be correct in your statement above it is still not, in my opinion anyway, the fault of the poster,that the delivery team may not have followed company policy and caused damage to the equipment with subsequent damage to the home.

2. Ahouston9,

Please accept our apologies for the experience you had with our delivery team. We certainly understand your concerns about the treadmill and the damages to your floor. We are very sorry this delivery did not go as you expected. We want you to know incidences like are few and far between. We would like to speak with you in regards to this in order to discuss all the options available to you.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the treadmill was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (ahouston9) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

3. Hi ahouston9! Thanks for visiting MySears today with your inquiry. Check back on this thread shortly for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will do what they can to assist.

4. You will need to look at your delivery contract very carefully. Should it be with anyone other Sears you will have to deal with that company. hould it be Sears, and they run 'true to form' they will likely try to steer you towards the subcontractor they employed to carry out your delivery, please do not be misled, should your contract be with Sears then they are most likely responsible. Sears may also try to steer you towards their insurance company, again do not be misled, unless the insurance company deals with you in a timely manner just threaten to fle a claim at small claims court should that not 'work' carry out your threat, you do not need a lawyer and the cost of filing the complaint can also be recovered should you prevail. I am not a lawyer and have no legal training but over the years have 'learned a few things', one of which is that this may not apply in your juristiction. Good Luck

See More