Question

Dear Sears Customer Solutions, I have called parts and warranty dept., trying to resolve my problem with my Utility Pump. I use it to drain out my pool, and it has stopped working. I can hear it hum, but no water comes out. I’ve done everything short of taking it apart, which wouldn’t show me anything I would understand, anyway. Owners manual says I have a 3 year limited lifetime warranty, which says it will be replaced free of charge. I bought it a little over a year ago. I took it into my area sears parts store and they said I needed to contact Sears online, and it would be replaced. But the last time I was on the phone with Sears for 25 minutes, which ended with the Sears employee saying I needed to talk to the Sears Customer Solutions Dept., and then our connection was bad and I couldn’t hear him. Everyone was very nice to me, but I need this resolved. Kids are waiting for the pool to open and I still have a little water to remove before I can paint and refill it. Please help! My name: Dan D. XXXX Craftsman Professional Submersible Utility Pump 1/4 hp $85.49 Date purchased, 3-21-12 Model #: 309.2655 Address: 12xxxx Portland Ave, xxxxx, MN

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

Your units long model number turns out to have a 390 prefix.

The Parts Direct site indicate the removal of the bottom three screws will allow you to gain access to two screens and the pumps impeller.

Hopefully, the impeller will spin freely and not be locked up by something that has gotten through the screens.

Good luck.

1. SenatorDanHall,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear that your utility pump has quit working. I can understand your frustration as well as the kids frustration in having to wait longer into the summer before the pool can be used. We'd be happy to contact you and assist in getting this resolved as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (SenatorDanHall) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi SenatorDanHall! Welcome to the MySears Community! Thanks so much for visiting today. We will get a SearsCares team member to respond here right away to help. They will do what they can to get that utility pump working again.

Please check back here soon for their response.

Thanks!