Question

Defective Kenmore Trio Refrigerator, multiple ongoing issues!

I have bought all my large household appliances from Sears for many years. I have bought all my kitchen appliances in the Kenmore Elite models thinking the quality was second to none. However my Kenmore Trio refrigerator has had two ongoing issues. 1st Issue Water tank leaks. I have replaced it countless times since buying this refrigerator. The water tank always ends up leaking at the seam in the plastic of the water tank after 6-10 months. It just started leaking again after just being replaced on 1-17-13. 2nd Issue is the Door Gaskets on the refrigerator, after a while the door gaskets began to rub each other and tear. So I ordered a replacement set. I installed them and the gaskets still rubbed, so I had a Sears Repair guy come by to see if he could install them better than I did and he COULDN’T and they still rubbed and he said he could not install them any better than I did and he left. So now I have black electrical tape on my $2500 Kenmore Refrigerator door gaskets to keep them from rubbing and tearing apart and the water tank is leaking again. I have been to Sears countless times attempting to get help and just went there today and was told there was nothing that Sears could do as the fridge is past warranty. What am I to do with this situation? Keep repairing the leaking water tank every 6-10 months and leave the black electrical tape on the door gasket? Not a great advertisement for Sears to have to keep their products together with electrical tape. I would think Sears would make this situation right by either fixing the problems or replace the refrigerator! Sears used to be the place to buy things knowing that Sears would stand behind their products. Is this still the case? Please let me know.

Answers

10 answers

1. I wanted to express my appreciation to Brian with the Sears Cares Escalations team for handing the ongoing issue I had with my refrigerator. After many years of frustration with the leaking water tank, gaskets that didn't fit properly and a recall on the interior light fixture Brian at Sears finally came thru and made things right by replacing my refrigerator with a new one. I will continue to shop at Sears for my appliances, tools, TV's etc..
    Thanks again for your help Brian.

1. In response to SearsCustomerAK

What wonderful news SearsCustomerAK!

I will definitely forward your message on to the team! We really appreciate you taking the time to come back in and share with us that these issues had been resolved.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2. We are having EXCACTLY the same two issues. Just replaced the water tank and valve assembly in February '13 and the tank is leaking. I called customer care and after having to repeat ALL of my information four times, was told, "sorry, the parts are only warrantied for 90 days". Are you kidding me? A water tank is inside the door and should not start leaking after 10 months. Have also done the black electrical tape to hold the tearing door gaskets to the door. Hesitant to sink any more $$ in to this beast so I haven't replaced the door gaskets. This is REALLY disappointing that the quality is so poor for the amount of $$ invested. I don't have an issue with replacing a part after 5 or more years of use, but 10 months? That's just not right - period.

1. In response to 11MN

Hi there, 11MN! Thanks for sharing your experience today. I am sorry you have had such trouble with your fridge. I am going to escalate your complaint to the SearsCares team. They will do what they can to assist.

A team member will be by shortly with a response looking to help. Once they post, I contact you via email with a link that will direct you back to this thread.

Keep us posted on the progress!

Thanks!

2. In response to 11MN

Dear,11MN

Please accept our apologies for the troubles you are having with your water tank .My name is Mina with Sears Social Media Support team. We can see from your comments how upsetting this experience has been with the continued issues in getting the parts needed to complete your repair service. We would be more than happy to speak with your to further discuss your repair concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as your screen name to reference this post (11MN), to smadvisor@searshc.com and will contact you directly. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,

Mina H.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

3. Dear SearsCustomerAK,

My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We'd like to apologize for the ongoing issues you're having with your refrigerator. We strive to provide top notch products and services to our member's and it seems that we've fallen short in this instance. We'd be more than happy to provide the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can contact you and discuss possible options to resolve this situation. We value your business very much. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (SearsCustomerAK) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-SusanR

I too have a Kenmore refrigerator with the french doors - model 795.7130 that was purchased in Dec. 2011 (along with a freezer, washer and dryer) from Sears. The gaskets on the refrigerator doors are tearing and coming apart. Also, one of the little catches at the top of one of the doors just came off months ago. This type of wear on gaskets is not what I expect - there are only 2 adults in my household. Either the gaskets are defective or there is a flaw in the design of the refrigerator. Please tell me how we can remedy this problem.

2. In response to SHC-SusanR

Hi maryssews,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I have forwarded your concerns on to our Sears Cares team so that they can help you further with available options for your Kenmore refrigerator.

Once a response has posted I will be sending an email to help in re-directing you back for contact with our Sears Cares team.

Again, we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

3. In response to SHC-SusanR

Maryssews,

Thank you for your post and for providing us with feedback about the issues with the door seals on your Kenmore refrigerator. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology that the refrigerator has not met your expectations. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss your concerns in greater detail. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Maryssews), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,

Jack C.
      MySears Community Moderator

4. Hi there, SearsCustomerAK! Welcome to MySears! I am glad you visited today to give us a chance to help with the issues you are having with your fridge. The SearsCares team will be happy to discuss your options with you and do what they can to make this right.

A team member will be by shortly with a response. Once it is posted, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can view the reply.

Thanks!

See More