Question

Dehumidifier recall

I have one of the dehumidifiers that was recalled. I got the shipping labels and cut the cord, sent it to the center for processing. That was two weeks ago, I called the number and the lady said it had not even been processed yet. The recall said within 10 business days. Why would Sears say 10 days when it will take a month or more? It’s bad enough that we have to replace the defective unit, pay to dispose of it, and then get less than half of what we paid, now we are being lied to. This really makes me think twice about Sears purchases in the future. I have always bought high end appliances from Sears thinking they were quality and were backed up by good service. What happened?

Answers

2 answers

1. blht123
    We apologize for the trouble you’re experiencing with your dehumidifier recall. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you to assist in addressing your concerns. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (blht123), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, blht123! Thanks for visiting the MySears Community today with your question. SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, can follow up with you on this processing for you. A team member will respond right here on this thread looking to help. I will reach out to you via email to make sure you are connected with a case manager, as well.

Thanks!