Question

Dissatisfaction with the customer service and management in furnace repair

On January 6, 2014 my 8 year old furnace stopped producing heat. On this day, which was the coldest freeze New York experienced in over 20 years. The weather was in the single digits. I had a Sears contract and called to have a technician come to my home. I was told that someone would be arriving at 7 a.m. To 11 am and then when they didn’t show I called again to have customer service say they will be there at noon. Needless to say, no show. I did Not even get a courtesy call back. I then called 6 other times and spoke to various people who couldn’t help or even say why I then emailed customer service and was told that someone would be here on January 8th at 1. It is now 2 pm, no call from sears. The home is beyond freezing so I am wring this complaint in my car. I am beyond dissatisfied with the daily operations of sears and will seek whatever means to get to the president of Sears to let him/her know this is not acceptable. There is many more events that took place on the phone and emails with customer service which take a lot of time writing . I would appreciAte a call or contact email to file a complaint.

Answers

7 answers

1. Hi Jferrand,

We appreciate you taking time to post about your furnace repair need; it is obvious this is an urgent matter which requires immediate attention. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We certainly know how important it is, especially during this season of unusually cold temperatures, to have a properly functioning furnace for your home. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with a case manager who will seek out any available research options. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (Jferrand), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for posting about your appliance delivery; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    MySears Community Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi there, Jferrand! Welxome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear about your heater and that missed appointment. I have sent this on to the SearsCares team. They will help get your appointment scheduled and will follow up to make sure you are satisfied with the service received.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

3. Get ahold of the Federal Trade Commission, file a complaint with them. Don't bother with the BBB, they rated SEars with a "B" even though they have 1000's of complaints on file. I guess companies can buy a good rating from the BBB. Check out the You Tube video that 20/20 did in 2010 about the BBB. Quite interesting! Good luck!

4. I have also been having a problem with Sears. I can't say anything except DON'T USE SEARS. I have emailed their corporate office twice telling them about an order of mine that was cancelled (not by me) and I would like answers. Both times I got some standard email apologizing for my trouble. Then it goes on to say that my order is still active and will be delivered on 1/06/14. TODAY IS 1/08/14 SO THE DELIVERY DATE HAS ALREADY PASSED! These people seriously don't care. I too plan to try my hardest to contact the president or someone who actually gives a rats rear. Good luck to you.

1. In response to Karla12

The Federal Trade Commission says this
      "In addition, many credit card issuers have policies against merchants charging a credit card account before shipment. If you think a merchant charged your account prematurely, report it to the credit card issuer. Otherwise, the credit card issuer has no way to know that the merchant is not complying with its policies."

2. In response to Karla12

Hi there, Karla12! Thanks for posting on MySears today. I am sorry you are experiencing trouble with your order. I have passed your concerns on to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. I will alert you via an email, once a reply is posted.

Thanks!

3. In response to Karla12

Hello Karla12!
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your order. We can truly understand how overwhelming this issue has been for you. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and address any concerns you may have. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Karla12), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      MySears Community Moderator