Question

Do you ever answer customer complaints??

I’ve emailed time after time after time and no one at Sears answers. Why is that?

Answers

63 answers

1. I've sent two e-mails so far and have not received a response. The two e-mails were sent after a month of frustrating phone conversations, hours spent being transferred from one team to the store to managers, promises of phone calls and still no resolution. So sad to see the difference in the service (lack of) change at Sears. We will never shop there again.

1. In response to Nofireplace1

Hi Nofireplace1!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you reaching out in regards to the issues you are experiencing.

I have reached out to the Sears Cares team to discuss these matters with you further.

Once they respond, I will let you know via email with a link that will bring you back to this thread.

Thank you!

2. In response to Nofireplace1

Nofireplace1,
      Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the issue you are currently having. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the poor customer service that you have received to date. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you to discuss your situation in greater detail and determine how best to address your concerns. We have already been provided your email address by our MySears colleagues and will forward this to our case management team. If you would prefer to be contacted by phone, please email your phone number along with your screen name (Nofireplace1) to Smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you

Jack C.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to Nofireplace1

dont be fooled by this customer service rep **** Nofireplacce1...I ordered a frig and stove from this piece of **** store and was also given the runaround for 2 weeks to find out why it wasnt delivered as promised. Got a "corporate case worker" who did finally get stove delivered, and now the fridge due today? guess what, not here and not return phone calls from her. RUN ARGH

4. In response to Nofireplace1

sunflower109,

We're sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. If you email smadvisor@searshc.com with your case number, we can ensure your case manager receives your message and request they contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Brian H.

2. good luck ever getting anything from Sears. Don't even bother sending an email to that sears cares email, they're no help. heres my story...! Bought a foreclosure, with not appliances. Was recommended to sears. We bought over $10,000 in appliances (yea, after that much you'd think we'd had a better experience with them). Within a month the dishwasher breaks. They fix it, not even a week later it breaks again. They declare it a lemon. I went and bought the Kenmore elite thinking it would last longer. WRONG! It flooded my home a year later. (oh and by the way, we had to pay the difference for the better dishwasher. Thanks for the help with our troubles Sears). This dishwasher was leaking through the pump before the warranty expired I just could not figure out where the water was coming from. Then one night the pump decided to blow off, I now figured out where the water was coming from after it was coming out from under the dishwasher. All this time the water was leaking under our cabinets and through the wall to our living room. We call sears they offer us 2 options 1) renew the warranty (even though it was only 2 days past the warranty and it was leaking before it expired. 2) we will give you 20% off a new dishwasher. SERIOUSLY? So I went and left a nasty comment on Facebook and got the same BS story this guy on here is telling everyone else and sent me to the same email. The lady from that email called us and said they would waive the fee for a repairman to come out and look at it and then we would have to PAY for the repair and sears would CONSIDER re-paying us SOME of the cost!!!! WOW!! great customer service sears. We had to have a water restoration company come and dry our house out, they tore out our brand new kitchen flooring, cut off baseboards, and cut sheet rock that had molded. I have pictures of all the damage, during and after they tore everything out. A month later I am still walking on a concrete floor in the kitchen. really appreciate it sears. Your products and customer service aren't worth ****. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

1. In response to Susan04

Hi there, Susan04! Thanks for sharing your experience on MySears. I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles you had with your dishwashers from us. I have sent your concerns on to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss this with your further.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. I will be sure to send you an email letting you know when a response is posted.

Thanks!

2. In response to Susan04

Susan04,

Thank you for informing us about your recent repair experience with your dishwasher. We know dealing with multiple repairs can be quite a frustrating experience. We see in you post that you have been in contact with one of our case managers. If you would like to provide us with a case number, we would be more than happy to ensure your post is brought to your case manager's attention and have them follow up with you.

Thanks,

Kurt M.

3. I purchased a dishwasher online 1//2014 and it was delivered a week later. Delivery was seperate from installation and a few days later the installer came ,got there, said aI had a leak behind my dishwasher and I could not find the shut off valve. He left and said I needed a plumber and couldn't install it. I called the plumber and he came and charged me $300 and there wasn't any leak!!! The installer was wrong, no leak and the shut-off valve was right there. I'm out 300 dollars and you charged me $168 on my account for the installer. I have asked for credit becuase the installer was incompetent and they said they'd give me a 10% product credit which I haven't gotten but I still want to be reimbursed for the plumber since I haven't received the credit. NOW the dishwasher doesn't even work. I called customer relations , talked to 3 different people and assured the dishwasher would be removed and a pick-uo would be set within 24 to 48 hours. It's been 3 days. I need a resolution to this immediately. I need my money back and the dishwasher returned and I'd like compensation for my dissatisfaction . I can't beleive that Sears which used to be the model for service is so shady now.

1. In response to twingal1

Hi Twingal1!

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your dishwasher. We truly apologize for the troubles you have experienced with the installation of your appliance and the additional costs. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and assist with resolving this situation to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (twingal1), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Liz R.

4. I just had to share with you what happened to me today. Too bizarre not to.
    I was in a small Sears store today. 3 cars in the parking lot when I got there. No other shoppers most of the time. I finished shopping and I went to the cash register.
    A woman, I had not seen in the store was there first. She had one of those hand baskets packed with stuff and it was sitting in the space the next checker would be. She was picking through the basket and then taking items, walking over to the cashier and setting them down. Back she would go to pick through it more. She was taking her time. Eventually, she moved the basket to in front of the cashier, but continued to pick through the basket, slowly, handing items to the guy. The clock was just over her head so I could watch it. I had already decided that I wanted my items, so I would just wait. The woman was older than me (I am in my mid 50s), tall, that bleachy yellow hair, choppy and messy, with her glasses shoved up into it. She had on a long skirt, that had many layers, not styly, but just bad. A too short, too chunky sweater, with the worst belt around it ever...oh, and a scarf around her neck, multi-color. She was a mess. Many rings on her fingers. I think she thought she was quite the looker.... I know this, because it took, at least 15 minutes of her messing around. The only other customer in the store is now behind me in line. I don't dare look at him....
    At some point, she walks around behind the counter, by the cashier and picks up something. Returns back to picking through the basket. Leaving a basket with many more small items in it,finally, she tells the cashier not to forget "the umbrella"...
    The 20 something young man, who is the cashier occasionally gives me that look of, "I'm sorry."
    Then, of course, she is going to pay with a check. She fusses in her purse. Next she picks up the basket and sets it over to the side. She fusses with her checkbook and slowly writes. When she is done, she gathers her bags and walks to the right....
    I should have thought that was peculiar, (as it is not the way to the door) but I just wanted to check out. I smile at the young man and set my items on the counter. Just then...
    The woman rushes behind the cashier, loudly announces to the man behind me, "I can take you over here...", as she walks up to another cash register.
    Overcome with amazement, I look at the young man and start laughing. A burst of loud, amused laughter. I say to the young man, "Some days the world is just so weird." ...He whispers to me, "Thank you, I didn't know what to say..."
    I take my items and leave, never looking at the woman ..... Amazing.... The store is closing on Friday and it is perfectly evident to me why, but I thought you would like to know too.

1. In response to StillShakingMyHead

Hi there, StillShakingMyHead! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that happened-we really want our customers to come first, and it just doesn't sound like that is what occurred in this instance. If you could share the store location, I would love to pass this along to the Stores Team. Even though it may be closing, we still like to pass along feedback to ensure the quality level of customer service we like to deliver is being met.

Thanks again!

2. In response to StillShakingMyHead

Woodstock Il

5. No one at Sears seems to have a clue as to what is going on! I made an online order on December 2 and was guaranteed shipping by December 6 and still have not received any updates. I've emailed and called Sears and they just keep saying they are doing 'research'. They will not let me cancel the order or issue a refund but they can not find the items either. When I call they put me on hold and never return to the line because, in my opinion, they don't have answers and are hoping I just hang up. I guess my newborn and I will have to go out in the snow to find replacement Christmas presents because Sears can not fulfill their shipping guarantee. From what I've read, I will probably never receive a refund for these items either! They have just lost this customer and I will be letting all my friends know also not to shop at Sears due to poor customer service.

1. In response to Ters85

Hi there, Ters85! Thanks for posting today. I am sorry to hear you have not received your order. I know how disappointing that must be right before Christmas. The SearsCares team can look into this for you and do what they can to help.

A team member will visit in a bit requesting that you send along more information so they can directly assist. Once they respond, I will let you know via email with a link that will bring you back to this thread.

Thanks!

2. In response to Ters85

Ters85,

Thank you for taking time to inform us about your recent experience with you recent online order. We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced while waiting for the items you ordered to be delivered. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to look into this matter and have a case manager address any concerns you may have with your heater. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Ters85), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.

6. So close to being happy. On Oct 27th, I ordered a KitchenAid double over range for approx $1500 online. It indicated that the item was in stock at my local Sears. Cool!. When I go to checkout, it indicated 7-10 day availability. Not a real problem since my old stove still worked. As the deadline approached, I received new email indicating it may talk longer, and I could cancel if I choose. I let it ride. By the way, my Credit Card had already been charged the full amount, on an item that hadn’t even shipped. Finally on Nov 25th, I got the word that my stove was ready for pickup. Immediately went to the store, and they promptly loaded the box on my vehicle.
    Once home, and box uncovered, I found that my front lower door had a noticeable dent in it. In addition, there were parts of a broken side panel spacer in the bottom of the box.
    I contacted customer service via online Chat, and Reed started off being so great. He was very sorry for the inconvenience, and first offered me a 10% credit. I indicated that I would like a new door, which he said they couldn’t do, but he could do a stove exchange at no cost to me, pick up and delivery included. I finally agreed. He then went on to tell me that I would need to bring the stove back to the store, and he would help me order a new one! What happened to an exchange? Pickup and delivery at no cost to me?
    Essentially I had to return the stove, and order a new one.
    I told him I would like to contact KitchenAid first before making a decision.
    KitchenAid was no help, so once again I went to Sears online Chat. This time Armand was my contact. Gave him the rundown, and told him I would like to get the percentage off that was offered to me and that I would buy a new door with the discount. He reviewed my Case information, and told me there was nothing he could do for me, and that I needed to contact the Store manager directly.
    I asked for a customer service manager to speak with, but he wouldn’t give me a name. I asked for a customer service manager phone number, and he gave me the local Sears phone number.
    So basically they did nothing for me, except point me to a store manager. I always thought you were supposed to talk to customer SERVICE for help in these matters. This will be my last Sears appliance purchase, which is a shame for them, since all my current appliances are about 18 years old, and ready for replacement.

1. In response to HopelessInHJ

Hi there, HopelessInHJ! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for allowing us the chance to help you today by posting this problem you are having with your new stove purchase on our community. SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, will be able to get this resolved for you.

A team member will be by shortly looking to assist. Once a response is posted, I will contact you via email to let you know and include a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

2. In response to HopelessInHJ

HopelessInHJ,
      We thank you for posting about this issue regarding your range purchase. We can truly understand how discouraging this situation has been for you. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and discuss available options to help resolve this matter. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (HoplelessInHJ), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

3. In response to HopelessInHJ

Who said.. "you can't get no, satisfaction"?

After posting my original entry here on the community, I was in fact contacted by an executive customer service representative. It was quite sureal since she was polite, well spoken, compassionate about my issue, and here's the kicker, she was helpful. So after posting this on Dec 3, I actually recieved a replacement stove/oven delievered to my door about 2 weeks later (sooner if it weren't for the incliment weather). Although the process wasn't exactly flawless to get to this point, I am elated that I actually got here.
      HOWEVER, A couple of negatives are still in order.

1st: Sears really needs to be aware that the appliances are being "man-handled" in their delivery process. My first stove had the dent on the front door. The replacement stove ALSO had dents in it. They were on the side and back panel. The delivery folks did point them out to me, and I did accept them since they would not be seen. However, more careful handling of the appliences may make for fewer returns and unhappy customers.

2nd: For those of you who ARE lucky enough to get a replacement. Check the model number carefully. I received the same base model number as my original, but a slightly older revision. I'm not saying that there is any problem with my stove, but is certainly isn't the newest version being offered in the showrooms.

I would say that I am very pleased with the end results. I am very unhappy with the online chat process, and would suggest that better training of these folks would get you far better positive reviews from future community contributors.

Thanks Sears Executive Customer Service Team!

4. In response to HopelessInHJ

So glad you were taken care of, Hopeless! We love to hear when we are able to get our members connected and helped.

We also appreciate your feedback on your experience. I will be sure to pass this on to the Appliance and Home Service team.

Thanks again!

5. In response to HopelessInHJ

Hi HopelessInHJ,

Thanks for coming back onto the MySears Community Page and letting us know that your case manager was able to resolve your issue. We are always happy to forward compliments to our case managers and our case management team. Please let us know if we can help you further regarding any issue.

Thanks,

Susan R.

7. I am not surprised that they would not even bother to answer!

My good image to Sears are totally gone to a trash can and now I don't even wanna buy anything from Sears just to prevent myself from dealing with these "so called" customer service people which actually they don't do anything for customers.

In my case, I just finished talking to a couple of representatives on the phone to solve my new-mattress-issue and every freaking time I talk to different people, they change the words and I cannot trust anything they say and they treated me like I am a dumb liar making up some stories or whatever. I am not only frustrated but also very mad at this moment.

My story is

I purchased new mattress (more than $800 even after discounts) and even right after I purchased I had to deal with unhelpful and very ill mannered dilivery team of Sears. But let me pass this things for now.
    So I got my new mattress exactly a week ago, last Tuesday, and slept 6 days.
    Just as a background info to understand my situation, I am a small size woman with less than 120 pounds weight.
    As you already know, good sleep is precious and I invested my money on a good mattress within the range my budget allows.
    From the first night, I felt I was sliding toward the middle of mattress while I tried to sleep on a side ( I prefer). I felt like I was clinging on the side not to sink in the middle, and also I woke up several times at night consecutive nights. Frustrated with this new fancy mattress, I looked at it today and found that my mattress is even developing the small area of impression on the middle area. Compare to other part when I pushed, it was not restored to its normal cusion height.

Only a week! it was already sagging. I coudln't imagine how my mattress would be in a month or two month later.

So I called customer service and one of representitive was very nice and he understood my problem and suggested me to get the new mattress item number for me to get exchanged. Also he responded to my concern about 30 day use rule and restocking fee/delivery charge saying that those would not be charged and I would get my difference amount of money back after I get my mattress changed.
    He even recommended me to go offline shop and find the one fit me better. He apologized for the inconvenience and send me an email.
    After talking to him and making sure that there would be no extra charge on my exchange, I was very satisfied and appreciated him helping me and understanding my problem.
    Still I was concerned that this will be changed when I talk to other representative, I asked him if I can talked to him again once I figure out the item number.
    He said I don't need to worry and also other people are very well trained and knowledged so they will be as helpful as he was.

However, when I called back with the item number I want to get exchanged, I was connected to another person, and as you might expected, I was told totally different story.
    She was saying that I have to either change to a exact same model or I have to pay restocking fee and delivery fee. I tried to explain to her about what I was told earlier, and she was just keep saying that she did not see any note regarding the waver of extra charges. and she treated me like that I am a kid trying to trick someone with fake stories.
    So I attempted to talk to another person by calling another number and this person was saying that I cannot even get exchange for 30 days and even after that I have to pay extra restocking fee and etc.
    I was trying to explain her again about whole defect and sinking issue, and she didn't answer.
    All she said was that she did not have any note on the waver.

After talking with 3 people at Sears Customer Service, I was so upset and I coudlnt believe how they keep changing words. Also they don't ever give you name or extension number that you can reach to them again. Everytime you try to fix your problem, unless you fix it right there in a single phone call, you have to explain again again again and still you are not guaranteed for what you were told.
    SO everytime you call them, expect them screw you over, over and over. and Don't trust them.

Overall, it is better not even bother to buy anything from Sears.

I am so disappointed with their service (compare to nice people I met in the stores, most of the people in the customer service were just horrible)and no wonder why they are providing so poor service. Because they don't need to take any responsiblity about what they promised to their customer. They know that they will never talk to you again.

If I was able to talk to the same guy, it must be much easier and smoother.
    Now I am stuck with an expensive new mattress that I cannot sleep on and I don't know how to solve this problem since they would not give a **** about fixing my problem.

1. In response to Frustrated_HJ

Hi there, Frustrated_HJ! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting your mattress returned. I am going to pass this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will comment on this thread in just a bit looking to help. Once you are in touch with them through the provided email address, you will be assigned a case manager who will walk you through a resolution of this mattress issue.

Look for an email from me shortly notifying you of the SearsCares team posted response.

Thanks!

2. In response to Frustrated_HJ

Frustrated_HJ,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with your newly delivered mattress. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the poor customer service that you have received to date and for the conflicting information that you have been given by the various agents that you have dealt with. We would like to have a case manager contact you to discuss this with you in greater detail. After getting some more information about the issue, our case manager would then be able to determine what options are available to you at this time. In addition, this case manager would be your single point of contact with Sears. The case manager would provide you with their direct phone extension so that you can reach them easily whenever you need. If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (Frustrated_HJ), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,

Jack C.

3. In response to Frustrated_HJ

I sent you my contact# with my screen name.
      and I just figured that in other threads here in this community forum, they never hear back from you guys even after they sent you email and contact number.
      My matttress issues giving me lots of trouble and I am very disappointed about whole service that provided by Sears.
      Sears is a small local company, it is a big, and responsible company I think. and this way of dealing with complaints and customer service, I am really doubtful that your company would keep customers longer.
      At least not me.

Please give me a phone call as soon as possible.
      So far, since I posted my first post, I talked to another representative on last week Wed (11/20/2013) about 11 am. He promised me the the uneven exchange without restocking fee/deliver fee. I gave him my new item number and I was informed to expect a phone call from a specialist. But as I worried, so far today, Monday (11/25/2013) I haven't gotten a single phone call from any specialist. I called the number back again, and now another guy was talking about bullshit 30 days comfort thing. I was keep repeting that this is Mattreess issue, not personal dissatisfaction. and this guy did not find (AGAIN! how convenient! they never find info that I need) the info that the guy I talked on Wed posted. Also he said that only information they had was my initial second contact to the mattress department that does not make sense to me.
      How convenient. They only put the record that beneficial for them, and make me fool by deleting or never finding information that I was assured of. this is not the first time.

I am pissed!
      also this is time sensitive issue. I don't want to waste my time by fooled by random customer service peopple.

Please give me a call within 2 days.

4. In response to Frustrated_HJ

Thanks for the update, Frustrated_HJ! Look to hear from your case manager shortly!

8. After my experience with them, I'll never shop there again. I'm still waiting for my refund! I recommend that you do not use their layaway and go to WalMart instead. They make you wait for a check if you cancel your layaway when they take cash from you, plus they charge 5% more cancellation fee than WalMart.

9. I've got some serious issues with the service I recently received from Sears. On September 16, 2013 I had some service done at the Sears Auto store in Myrtle Beach, SC. Within a day or two I filled out the customer satisfaction survey and gave the service I received a "1" out of "10" and indicated that I would like to be contacted by Sears about my issues. Well, it's been almost three weeks now and not a word from Sears customer service.

The service I requested was for a tire rotation and balancing. I made an appointment three days before my service so that I would not have a long wait for my car.

1. I arrived at Sears at my appointed 1 PM scheduled time. At 2:15 PM my car had not moved and was still sitting in the parking spot where I left it. I brought this up to one of the employees and my car was then shortly taken into the shop.

2. I asked that the tires be hand torqued to 80 ft-lbs. When I got home and checked the torque, they were torqued to well over 140 ft-lbs. There is no way that I would have ever been able to change a tire on the road if I ever had a flat.

3. I had just detailed the interior of my car prior to the service work at Sears. When I got it back, the inside of the driver's door panel was filthy and all greasy from the tech's hands. When I filled out the survey, I offered to take a photo of the filth, but since so much time has passed, I couldn't live with it any longer, so I cleaned it up myself.

So I hope you agree that what happened to me was unacceptable. It is service like this that makes me very hesitant to give Sears my business anymore.

1. In response to sokoloff

Hi sokoloff,

Thanks for reaching out to share your concerns with us. I am very sorry to hear about this disappointing experience you had encountered.

I will be escalating your concerns to our Sears Cares team who will do what they can to help. Once a response has posted from Sears Cares, I will be reaching out to you via email.

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out to us and providing us the opportunity to help!

2. In response to sokoloff

sokoloff,

We’re sorry that your recent auto center experience did not meet your expectations. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you to discuss your experience and assist you in contacting the auto center for assistance. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (sokoloff) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
      David W.

3. In response to sokoloff

Basically a similar message was sent last night to the address you indicate.

Len

4. In response to sokoloff

Thank you Len!

I will make sure they keep an eye out that you have already sent an email to the address above!

10. Deceptive practices offering deals such as points that often customers will never ever get.

11. Sears is great at giving loyal customers the run around. They take classes never answer Emails and calls to complain are met with outrageous attitudes.

1. In response to Marcelyn

Hi Marcelyn! Welcome to MySears! Thanks so much for posting your feedback. Is there anything we can help you with today?

Just let us know!

12. Purchased an air conditioning on June 2', 2013. Due to the clerk error my cards where ran several time and every time processing the the transaction was reversed. Two days later found out that my account was charged 3 times but only once was refunded, since then I have been in the store about 8 times trying to get Sears to refund my money, and even after the manager saw the mistake and contacted corporate office my requests and his has been ignored. Very unethical and dishonest business practice front he part of Sears. I'll be seeking legal advice put closure to the problem and get my money back from this thieves operating under this corporate name.

13. Good Luck getting your issue resolved, I purchased a frig 3 years ago, not a cheap one. The freezer went out and within an hour the whole frig shut down. Tech fianlly came and confirmed that the Kenmore bands are junk and I should have never purchased one and he has more service complaints on Kenmore, Lg and Samsung frigs more then any other brands. Real comforting to here from the tech. He also said he was suprised mine lasted this long in the first place. An hour later he tells me I have a bad compressor and I would have to wait 3-5 days for a new part. I tell him that is unacceptable and he needs to call around for a part in stock somewhere. He makes a call and sure enough there is one local. He comes back an hour later messes around with it for hours, calls some tech support number for helping with installation. For the tech to then tell me sorry your frig is not repairable and its in a restricted area. WTF does that mean?? They sell me what they call their smart warrenty - Its a dumb warrenty and was misrepresented to me over the phone. Now all they offer me is $500 and claim thats replacing my frig- my frig cost $2000! after several calls many to the office of the president - I was hung up on, they refused to escalate to the highest person in the department, to finally speak to a women who says i will email you a 30% off coupon. Gee thanks- only to find they coupon was never emailed and now speaking with another **** from sears corp office no such coupon exists! Now the girl I spoke to this morning tells me yes Kenmore is a crappy brand personaly she owns a whrilpool and that Kenmore is just a brand name that sears bought but the appliances are made by LG, and what I should do is contact LG to see if they will do the right thing and replace my frig at no cost! This has been the WORST service I have ever had! Sears should close their doors .. I will never shop there for anything ever again!! I will tell everyone and anyone how bad their service and how they will not stand behind their products!

14. Hello Nigel-Carr, My name is Jeni and I have been trying since July 9th three days after I purchased my new $1000 fridge from sears to get a repair man and that took a week, for him to come back because my freezer was still reading 80 degree, I had to wait another week. As of today, i have called every day trying to find out what is going on being that they deemed my BRAND NEW fridge unrepairable. Then I wait for the promised phone calls that never come, the hangs up that customer service does on a regular basis is extremely frustrating and the lack of actual support and help that is provide is zero! you can never speak to a supervisor, and they tell you that they are working on it. I was sent back to the store 3 times and was told that my refund amount towards a new fridge was $0 zero dollars, then I was told that i should just purchase another new fridge and have it delivered. The best part is that they want to charge me for picking up the old fridge a fee of $69. No one ever responds to the email surveys and they don't call you back you get nothing but a run around and clearly sales is far more important. I agree with Kota57, please let sears go out of business. Also I have had to go an purchase another mini frige from HOME DEPOT so I could keep something cool for my family - Sears will refund my money sometime by MID AUGUST, remember this stated on July 6 - they feel 6 to 8 weeks is an appropriate time frame. seriously frustrated.....

1. In response to Jeniboys

sorry for all of the misspellings, but I think you get the jist.

2. In response to Jeniboys

Hi Jeniboys! Thanks so much for posting on MySears today. I am incredibly sorry to hear about the troubles you have had getting a new fridge. This sounds so frustrating for you and your family. I would love to get you in touch with the SearsCares team, to give us a chance to make this right for you.

Please check back right here in a bit. A team member will reach out to help get this resolved.

Thanks!

3. In response to Jeniboys

Jeniboys, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your refrigerator. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with getting a resolution to your refrigerator issue. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jeniboys), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

15. Sears is 0-3 with me.Sales man lied, manager LIED,too. Cancelled my lawn tractor order and accessories (since no tractor is available) so YOUR loss,$2,000. Going to Lowes to purchase my lawn tractor and side step the lies and deceit. Please, Sears, go out of business and quit pretending you care. I really wanted to replace all my equipment with Craftsman, but forget it. You don't care.Oh, and disconnect the Sears.Com toll-free number...those people have no clue what country they are in.

16. Mr. Carr,

Hi, my name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team. I'm sorry to hear that you have an issue that hasn't been resolved yet. Julie sent your information to us and I see that you have been working with a case manager. I'll be ensuring that your case manager receives this information and request that they contact you as soon as possible. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble we've caused but we do appreciate the opportunity to help.

Thank you,

Brian H.

1. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

It's nice to make contact with another from the Sears community.

I think it’s a bit on an exaggeration to say I’ve been working with a case manager. I seem to have been repeatedly seeking to have my grievance addressed and this interaction with you is falling into a similar pattern; that is, apologies for the way things have gone so far, positive statements offering help, THEN I NEVER HEAR FROM ANYONE FOLLOWING UP!

This must already have cost more time, effort and bad PR for Sears than the purchase ever did.

Sorry if I seem somewhat cynical, but my experience with buying from Sears and the subsequent “customer service” to date had been really bad.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

2. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

When might I reasonably expect to hear from someone such as the case manager?

As you have ensured that the case manager has received the information, perhaps you could provide me with their name and direct contact details (email address)) so that I can follow up with them if required.

Regards

3. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

When might I expect to hear from you again?

Will you provide me with your direct contact email address as well as that of the case manager so that I can avail of this assistance offered and sort out this long running dispute. It would be great for me to be telling the Sears Community (and the consumer websites I post to) what a great job you eventually did to correct past failings.
      Thanks (in hope rather than expectation)

4. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

Sorry to be a "pest". I'm really appreciative of your offer to help. That's great. Unfortunately the increasing line of referrals doesn't seem to be working. Julie referred me to you and you have contacted the case manager.

HAS THIS GONE INTO A BLACK HOLE?

I now don't seem to have any response from anyone. My initial optimism is quickly giving way to my state of mind when I first asked "DO YOU EVER ANSWER CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS?".

I hope you excuse my apparent impatience but I've been trying to get Sears to honor their public promises for some months.

Regards

5. In response to SHC-BrianH

Mr. Carr,

Please know we are not ignoring your concerns. Your case manager has attempted to contact you by email and will attempt to contact you again today by email. Also, please be sure to check your spam/junk email folders as sometimes a misplaced email can be a problem. Again, we apologize for the trouble thus far and we look forward to resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Brian H.

6. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

Thanks for your reassuring comments.

It's hard to understand how Julie contacted me by email yet the case manager has not. I always check my spam email folders and so that can be ruled out as a reason.

I continue to keep an eye on my email.

Thanks again.

7. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

Still no emails from Sears. What about my suggestion that you provide me with your direct address and that of the service manager then I can make contact directly?

Hope this suggestion is helpful.

8. In response to SHC-BrianH

Brian H.,

Still no contact from Sears.

Can you appreciate my fustration? This might demonstrate the question I asked over a week ago;

"Do you ever answer customer complaints??
      I’ve emailed time after time after time and no one at Sears answers. Why is that?"

Frankly, it seems unlikely that your colleagues have been trying to email me and just haven't got through.

Put yourself in my shoes. WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?

9. In response to SHC-BrianH

SEARS is the LAST place I will ever buy an appliance after the trouble my parents have been having for 7 MONTHS!!!! They bought a fridgein January 2013, but the ice maker didn't work. SEARS repairmen have been to the house 7 times since then trying to replace this or that (including the door which they had to specially make because they don't carry this fridge any more).

After ANOTHER 'missed' appointment this morning, which we knew nothing about, we tried to file a complaint over the phone, and no one, and I do mean no one would give us the right number to call.

Three times TODAY we tried to get someone from customer service to give us the number for complaint service, and ALL THREE TIMES SEARS hung up the phone on us!!!!

SEARS will not get another dime of the money owed for the refrigerator (which the customer service woman who my dad talked to the last time we tried calling said should've been replaced after the repairman came to the house the 4th time) until it is replaced with a new one.

This company has some gall to give someone the run-around for 7 months about a refrigerator, and then continue to do so when a customer is trying to file a complaint!

Really, you've already angered the customer to the point where they want to send the appliance to headquarters with a note saying, "your problem now" and you continue to give someone the run-around when they ask for the complaint department???

I will never again shop at SEARS, and will only walk through it at my local mall to clean the dirt from my shoes.

10. In response to SHC-BrianH

This is axactly what you folks do at sears, and then when I read the emails from your service team i can see very clearly with the !!!! that you have an issue with customers complaining and then posting our complaints and showing others that you folks really don't attempt to correct the issue.

17. Hey nigel-carr! I am so sorry you are having a hard time reaching someone. I just sent an email to your registered email address. I hope we can help with whatever issue you are having. Please check your email so we get whatever problem you are having resolved ASAP! Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Great. I've alrealy replied.
      Will this be like the other times when I was given hollow promises of assistance then no one even replied to my email?

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

hello...?

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Look to hear from someone shortly, nigel-carr!

18. I agree with you Nigel - Sears just does not respond to customer complaints, either in store nor on line.

1. In response to dimaxwell

Thanks di; It has to be said. Sears have given me the WORST customer experience I have ever experienced.

Sears Cares??? more like sears has no ears

19. Hi nigel-carr!

Its great to have you with us in the MySears Community!

YIKES! That is not good. Is it possible that you can let us know what type of complaint you are referring to? This way we can forward it to the right person and they reply back through your thread here in the Community.

I look forward to helping you further! ;)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

It's about broken promises, additional charges, non-delivery and terrible customer service.

Order #428782157; Sears Executive Case # 1230742

Is that enough to get you started?

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Would it help if I posted other email contact addresses for your customer service and blue ribbon teams on this website in case others were finding contact with Sears difficult?