Question

Do you like to go fishing?

I was taught how to fish at the age of 5 years old and had taught my kids, nieces and nephews around the same age. It has been over 15 years since then, and am wondering if times have changed.

Towards the end of the month we are planning to teach my 2 1/2 year old grand-daughter to fish when we travel to California. Lots of great fishing places to explore to teach her how to fish.

How old were you when you first started fishing and if currently still fishing, have times changed as far as fishing poles and what to bait your hook with?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Answers

5 answers

1. I love going fishing! Started when I was 12.

2. Such a fun summer activity! There is a pond close to us that is super stocked with fish. We bring our boys sometimes. On Saturdays, they have free bait and poles to use for a couple of hours. It is really fun! I haven't done any other fishing besides that, really.

Sounds like that will be a fun thing to teach your granddaughter. I bet she will love hanging with you learning the ropes!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

How fun Julie!

When we lived in California we too took our kids to what is called a Community Pond. Each year they would stock the pond and we would take out kids out to go fishing. In fact this is where they first learned how to fish. They had a blast for they had always caught a fish to bring home.

Good times! It will be great to see my daughter fishing along side her as I had once done!

3. I like the concept of going fishing and hanging out (not that I have done that). Yes, I went fishing once and liked being on a boat looking. I had trouble cleaning shrimp so the answer for bait is, if it is bread or some other food. I have fed fish, crabs, and whatever else was in the ocean.

1. In response to For2Day

Oh my, it has been years since I have been out on the ocean. The fishing is amazing out there for their is such a big variety to catch. I can't remember the name of one I had caught, but it was the ugliest fish that I had ever seen!

I have not been out since my early teens, so I am not sure if I even have the stomach for it these days. But eventually I would love to take my grand-daughter out so that she too can experience the fun we had. It sure is a big difference than lake and pond fishing LOL

See More