Question

Does anyone know what my recourse is when Segwick denies a claim? My hardwood floow was damaged after my refrigerator water line leaked not once but twice! The first time the tech repaired the leak and then 5 months later it sprank a leak again! This time the tech replace the line and he opened an axikit took pictures of the damage and even had us sign a release. He gave us the information to call Segwick who were very nice to start I followed all there advice did what they told me so I was very surprised to get a letter saying the claim was denied. They even went as far as saying I was not telling the truth about the incident as they said they talked to the service tech! After that Segwick has been very rude and told me they really did not care what I did next. I called corporate and they also said Segwick makes the decisions. So needless to say I have not had anything done and my hardwood floor looks terrible and I am left to deal with this alone. Anyone that can give me any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

11 answers

1. My next step would depend on the cost of repairing the damage. I would either use small claims court or consult a lawyer.

The insurance company can deny a claim, but that is not the last option. Sears, and their repair service are both jointly and individually liable for the damages

2. sad60,

We’re sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been experiencing with your damage claim. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. If you would like, we would be happy to have a case manager contact you to discuss this situation. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the fridge was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (sad60) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

David,
      I replied to your email last week but got no response. Would you please contact me by my email address t***@aol.com or feel free to call me at my home 847-3**-1***

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

Thanks for letting us know, sad60! I have sent your contact information on to your case manager. Look to hear from someone soon.

I also removed your phone number and email address from publicly displaying on the site for your security.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-DavidW

Well I always hope people are truthful however I always seem to be disapointed. Since I received your last message NO ONE from Sears has contacted me as to the next step in getting my floor repaired. You have my name my email and my phone number to reach me but NO ONE has. What do I need to do to get someones attention to HELP ME? PLEASE can someone contact me?

4. In response to SHC-DavidW

Thanks for this update, sad60! I am sorry to hear you have not been in touch with your case manager since initial contact. I will pass your comment along. Look to hear from someone soon!

Thanks!

5. In response to SHC-DavidW

I hope I hear from someone soon. It is very sad that Sears does not stand behind its customers. I feel that no one wants to do anything to help. So I hope I am proved wrong and someone will get involved and do the right thing!

3. Hi sad60,

Thank you for sharing your concerns and experience with us on this issue!

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help with any other additional options to help you further.

Once a response post I will be reaching out by email letting you know that contact information by our team has been requested. A link will be provided within our email to help in directing you back to your original thread.

Thank you for reaching out to us today!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Wendy,
      I responded the week this was posted but got no response. Please contact me by my email. ****@aol.com

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

sad60,

Sorry for any delay. We have forwarded your contact information and we will have a case manager be in touch soon.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Well I have not heard from anyone since the last posting. I always hope people are truthful but seem to be proved wrong to often. You have my name my email and my phone number do you think SOMEONE can get in touch with me? I really would like to get my floor repaired. So PLEASE can someone get in touch with me? I am not sure what to do next but I am not giving up!

See More