Answers

6 answers

• San Jose, CA

I've never really thought about how to make a que go faster, like a service call or the grocery store lines.

I try to do the preventative maintenance that the various machines' owner's manuals suggest doing and go to sites like this one and the Manage My Life.com site to get some insights.

How would some of the poster's here suggest the service be improved?

Again, I've never really approached this question coming from a would a - could a - should a perspective.

1. Some simple suggestions

Have people who understand appliances make the appointments. Someone who can ask the right questions can often determine what the most likely causes of the failure are.

Have the techs carry the parts that are most likely to be needed so that most repairs can be done in one visit.

Schedule appointments within 2 business days. This may mean that more techs may be needed, but it also will mean that customers who are not under a warranty or service agreement may actually use the service, rather than calling a someone more responsive.

Any return call for the same problem (obviously not fixed correctly the first time) should be set for no later than the next day. A customer who has a repair made, and then has another failure, should not have to go to the back of the line. If it was fixed correctly, there would not be a problem

If parts need to be ordered, the return appointment should be at the customer's convenience with a set time, not a time window. They already wasted the time waiting once

1. Hello Kennethwhite9--

Please accept our apologies for the manner in which your repair appointment was handled. We understand we've let you down and this is not the type of service Sears has prided itself on. We'd like to look into this issue further for you. At your convenience please contact our office at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the washer is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include the screen name that I have assigned you (Kennethwhite9) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,

Robert B.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi Kennethwhite9! We can have a SearsCares team member follow up with you on your repair and do what they can to expedite it for you. Check back on this thread soon for a reply.

3. Is it normal for warranty repairs to take a month to complete? NO

Is it normal for Sears to take a month or more to complete warranty repairs? Sadly yes

With Sears a week or two will go by before the scheduled repair visit. You are given a 4 hour window during which you must be home waiting by the phone. If the technician calls, and you do not answer, they will cancel your appointment and you go to the back of the line. Even if you miss the call and call right back, it is too late. If you are on another call, or even if you are in the bathroom, you have forfeited your service appointment.

You may get a call saying that the tech is running late, usually after you have waited most of the four hours, and you will be expected to wait for them. Your four hour window may actually be 6 or more hours, or they may cancel and force you to reschedule (again to the back of the line.

When the tech does arrive, unless it is a simple repair, parts will have to be ordered. The techs carry very few parts in the vans. The parts will be shipped to you, you will be forced to store them when they arrive. At that time you have to schedule a second tech appointment, and go through the same delays and expectations that you sit home waiting for them decide to show up.

The system is designed to make it easy for Sears, and not for the customer. This is something to consider when deciding on future purchases

4. I do not know about 'normal' but if you are using Sears or A&E it is not unusual. 'They' consider it 'acceptable' that a client has to wait up to 2 weeks for a diagnostic appointment and then, should spare parts be required they will have to be ordered, and then, another appointment, with an 'acceptable' 2 week wait has to be made. A month is easy to see. Add to that, should you appointment be in the afternoon, or even worse, the late afternoon it is highly likely that your technician will be a 'no show' and that you will have to make yet another appointment, with another possible wait of two weeks. Sears 'old' site, which has now closed, had many complaints along these lines.

See More